Chapter 1

Men ain't shit. I've been laying in my bed for three weeks, waiting for a stupid text back. My mind is clouded by my thoughts as I sulk around my own bedroom because I fell in love with a boy who fed me lies.

I text Sasha asking if she can come over, she quickly replies telling me she's on her way.

Once Sasha arrives, she immediately walks in and heads over to me. This is basically her house too. "I brought some snacks to help you feel better," She holds up a bag of hot cheetos and sour gummy worms.

I pull Sasha into a tight hug, "those are my favorite!" I cheer ecstatically before pulling away from her grasp.

"I'd never forget," she smiles, "So now tell me, what's wrong. I haven't seen you in weeks."

We both grab seats on the couch and turn to face each other, "Eren completely ghosted me since the last time I saw him. And to think he liked me back."

"When was the last time you hung out with him?" She opens the bag of chips and pops one in her mouth.

"It was the night you invited me over to hang out with everyone, as soon as you guys found us, he whispered in my ear offering to come over to his place once we were ready to leave."

Sasha gasps, smacking her hand over her mouth, "Did you?" muffles out against her hand.

"Wait, I'm getting there. It was when we were leaving your place," I can remember the exact tone he used too.

* * *

"Where're you heading?" A car blasting music slows down to a stop next to me and I turn my head to see Eren with his windows rolled down as he reaches for the car stereo to turn it down. Sasha's party ended and I began my walk home, which sucks because it's cold enough for me to see my own breath and I forgot a jacket. I didn't have time to process the tension between Eren and I, and now I won't get the chance with him here. Yet I became warm as my eyes lock with his.

"I'm just walking back to my place."

"Walking?" He emphasizes, shaking his head. "Get in."

"No, I'm fine. Thanks for the offer though." Truth be told, I don't want to be with him right now. I already embarrassed myself enough back at the party.

"What kind of guy would I be if I let you walk home alone in the cold. And I already asked you earlier, didn't I?"

He's right, but that won't change the fact that he made me his bitch back there: making his move on me in an empty kitchen as I made a complete fool of myself. I was so close to fulfilling my desires and now I'm left with the aftermath of cloudy thoughts from my best friend catching us. Is he only going to take me home? I settle into the seat, the cushion is welcoming and I feel like I'm drowning in the buzz that being around Eren gives me. Horny is one hell of a drug, I almost say aloud, thank god I didn't. Being around him is a slipping slope, I find that all the thoughts in my head try to escape when I'm with him. I chose not to respond, my arms wrap around my torso in an attempt to keep myself guarded, I know it won't last for long. Yeah, what kind of guy would he be for leaving me out in the cold?

Eren's fingers leave the driver's wheel, they dance along the console, searching for the AUX button to switch from the radio. It makes a clicking sound when he presses it and immediately I recognize the smooth bass of the song playing.

Know you ride it right

I might just die tonight

Is he serious? Maybe it was just the first song on his top playlist, whatever. But maybe, I let myself consider, he's trying to set the mood? He's being nice, at best, making sure he doesn't look like a massive dick to any passerby. I wouldn't mind letting him have his way with me, though.