Chapter 33

a/n: hi babes, please don't forget to follow my Instagram: thouxanbanatalie and hulagal621. or my tiktok which is also hulagal621. the poison playlist is also linked in my bio. i love you guys and hope you enjoy this chapter <3

________________________________________

Eren taps his skateboard against the ground, admiring the pop shuvit that Connie barely landed on his board. "Damn, Connie, you're getting serious out here," Eren says with a wide grin on his face.

I've been sitting on the edge of the bowl at the skatepark with my legs hanging over the edge. There aren't too many people here so they're able to practice in the center of the bowl without any interruptions. My face is cold from the breeze brushing against my face, but my body is kept warm because of a hoodie that Eren's been letting me use. He hasn't skated in front of me in a while and I hope that I'm not adding too much pressure by being here. I glance down at Eren who's wearing a navy blue beanie with black Dickies and an oversized white shirt with some LA brand on it. A pair of black vans accompany the outfit along with a chain that's sitting right above our promise ring on his neck.

Off-topic, but I'm honestly glad that we've been hanging out with our friends more often. It's been a long time since we've spent time with anyone and I'm glad that he's doing something that he loves.

With a cocky tone in her voice, Ymir light-heartedly jokes while standing on the edge next to me, leaning over to finish tying up her shoes, "oh, is that your warm-up?"

"You're lucky it's your birthday," Connie remarks as he rolls his eyes, "or I'd flame your ass."

It's February 17th, meaning that it's Ymir's birthday and the days are still cold as always. She wanted to hang out at the skatepark to refresh her memory on a few tricks and smoke before everyone else arrives to celebrate her birthday here. Since I don't skate, I've just been sitting here for "support" because Eren takes me everywhere with him and because I'm one of the only other members in the group who smoke besides Jean and Sasha. He's also been teaching me a lot about skateboarding terms and I've been trying my best to learn them for him because he's super passionate about it.

Connie steps on the tail of the board to pop it up and grab the top end with his hand, glancing between Ymir and Eren with his lips pressed together. With a subtle smirk on her face, Ymir lines herself up at the edge of the bowl and presses down on the tail end of her board, letting it prop up in the air as she stares both of them down. Her other leg lifts up to press down on the front of the board, pushing it down until the front wheels press against the pavement, dropping into the bowl and immediately skating through the center to briefly ride the walls. I watch as she loses some momentum before performing a varial heelflip next to Connie and Eren.

I honestly can't believe that I remembered the name for that trick.

Connie and Eren both tap the ends of their boards against the ground as a sign of respect for the trick she landed perfectly. "Dude, that was sick," Eren says before shifting his gaze towards me. He performed a few tricks earlier and kept looking over at me for approval to see my reaction. "But can we sesh before everyone else shows up?"

"Finally," Ymir groans as she walks over to me, "thought you'd never ask." She lifts her board to set it down next to me before placing both of her hands on the edge to lift herself up.

After standing up, she sits down next to me as Eren and Connie both lift themselves over the wall, placing their boards a good distance away from the edge. Eren lowers himself down to hang his legs over the edge right next to me as Connie takes his place on the other side of Ymir once he's at the surface. I feel Eren's fingertips press against the side of my cheek to turn my head towards his face, placing his lips against mine for a quick second as he smiles.