Chapter 27

"He didn't even say that he loved me back."

I sigh while sinking down into the side of the couch with a pillow propping up my back. My legs are resting on top of another pillow on the cushion in front of me while Sasha's been preparing something in the kitchen. I've been staying at Sasha's for the past couple of days and I haven't spoken to Eren since that night. I haven't cried since but I'm completely numb and can't process any emotion, whether it's happiness or sadness, everything just feels bland. It might've taken a few days, but I'm finally ready to talk about the whole situation because I got the chance to process what happened and how I feel about it. And I don't feel anything.

"Oh my gosh," Sasha says with a frown as she walks into the living room holding a plate with a slice of cake on it. "I thought you guys were doing so well, too."

Sasha won't tell me to break up with him because she's the one who helped me to get with him in the first place, and she knows that there's nothing anyone could say or do for me to break it off. I shift my legs to hang off the couch to adjust my body and face the table in front of me. She sets down the plate on the coffee table with a fork as well before taking a seat on the couch next to me. She's the sweetest person ever, and she's helped me out in so many situations like this.

"I just thought that everything was going to be perfect, but he's been so rude to me lately and I don't even know why," I explain while reaching over to pick up the fork, "It's like he forgot that he loves me."

"Have you tried talking to him about it?"

"Yes," I say while digging my fork into the cake before sliding it across the plate to break off a small piece, "He won't listen to me. I just feel like it's my fault–"

Sasha interrupts me, "it's definitely not your fault. You didn't do anything and you need to stop blaming yourself," she rests her elbows on her knees, using one of her hands to prop her head up as she leans forward, "why are you blaming yourself?"

"Because why else would he act like that?"

"Oh, hun..." she whispers, "I don't know, but stop feeling guilty over something you didn't do. You're just afraid of losing him, but is all this pain and suffering worth it?"

As I open my mouth to put the piece of cake into my mouth, I nearly choke on the crumbs as she finishes off that sentence. After swallowing, I make sure that I have my composure before speaking, "What'd you mean?"

Sasha sighs while lifting up her head, moving her arms to rest at her sides as she leans back into the couch, giving me a quick glance with a frown on her face. "If he's not going to talk to you..." she trails off.

"I can't, Sasha," I glance back over at her. The thought of being without Eren is making me lose all of my appetite. "I love him so much and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him."

"Aren't you in a couple of months, anyway?"

"Well," I take a breath while pressing my lips together to stop the frown forming on my lips. I'm not going to tell her that I might just stay here because I don't want to give her false hope. If dating Eren is like this then I don't know if I want to be with him in the long-run. "I don't mean it literally, y'know? I was already preparing myself to be away from him."

Sasha leans over to wrap her arms around me and pull me close to her, "I know, babe."

"He was so stressed out about his dad. I even helped him shower that day."

"Helped him shower?" she says with a slight laugh to lighten the mood. "Girl, you're so down-bad."

A smile grows on my face as a small laugh leaves my mouth, "Tell me about it."