Chapter 10

"We look so hot," Sasha says while standing next to me in front of her mirror.

It's Friday, October 2nd, the night of Levi, Erwin, and Hange's party. Sasha and I decided to go all out for this party by looking as hot as possible. The party's at Trost University, and I don't know how they pulled it off, but they're throwing it at their friend, Nanaba's, off-campus house, which is right next to their university. She rooms with a few others in a large house, almost like a sorority, but not. We're at Sasha's house, getting ready for the party while she's pregaming. I would, but I'm staying sober for the night.

It's been about a week, maybe two, since I last saw Eren. I've been ignoring all of his calls and texts. I don't need any explanation, and I don't need to explain to him why I haven't been answering.

I smile while grabbing my purse, "Girl, I don't know if I can handle another party," I say, reminiscing about the last one we attended together.

"You'll be fine. First of all, you're hot. Second of all, there'll be a ton of other boys and girls there to get your mind off Eren."

She's right, but I feel horrible about doing anything with anyone else. I can't get him out of my head at all, and every time my phone buzzes, I hope that it's him even though I won't answer. The feeling of dread in my stomach is almost unbearable, and I just wish we could start all over.

I miss him.

"I know. I'm just nervous, that's all. What if we run into him there?"

"Then I'll talk to him for you. You know I got your back," Sasha says, "Just have fun tonight. I need a new boy for myself, though. So if I disappear, I'll probably be in a bedroom," she laughs, pulling me into a tight hug, "Mikasa's also's going, and she'll be there for you, too."

I pull her tighter against me, "Thank you, I love you so much, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Of course, that's what best friends are for," She pulls away from the hug and smiles, "Now come on, we're already late."

I nod and grab her hydro flask full of vodka, and make our way towards my car. She's already tipsy by the time we arrive there, parking just down the street from the house. The music is so loud that the bass can be heard this far out, and it only gets louder as we walk closer to the house. It's already dark outside, and this house is the only one on the block with the lights on. I hold my phone in my hand, too scared to keep it in my purse in case someone steals it.

"You love to party," Sasha says once we near the entrance, "You're gonna be fine. Just twerk against some boy and you're set for the night. Take a shot before we head inside."

"Shut up, and I'm not even drinking tonight," I say while we stand on the lawn and I wait for Sasha to take a swig of vodka to prepare herself, "Do I look okay?" There are a couple of groups of people outside, some already passed out on the grass, and some standing on the front porch. There're empty bottles of alcohol on the ground, and a ton of stepped-on plastic cups pressed into the ground. The music's obnoxiously loud, and I'm surprised that no one's called the cops yet.

"Oh, right. I forgot you're staying sober," She takes one more drink before twisting on the lid, "And please shut up, you're hot." Sasha turns around but doesn't move forward, just staring straight ahead of her. It takes me a moment to see what she's staring at, and once I do, my heartbeat increases rapidly.

Eren steps outside of the door, followed by Zeke right after him with a joint in his hand. They look like they're in the middle of a conversation. I watch as Zeke nudges him, and Eren turns his head in our direction. They both make their way over to us, but before they can say anything, Sasha starts speaking for me.