Chapter 45

a/n: hi babies, this is the second to last chapter (not including the epilogue) so I hope you guys enjoy it. it's the longest chapter in the book. thank you guys for supporting me for so long and I'm really sad that this book is coming to an end soon.

____________________________________________

I hear my black heels step onto the concrete as I walk outside of the restaurant, feeling the breeze of the warm summer night brush against my bare legs and arms, not being covered by my short black dress. I turn around to look at Eren as he closes the door behind him, wearing black pants and a loosely tucked white button-up. I notice his diamond earrings, accompanied by our promise ring hanging around his neck, with his hair tied up in a messy bun.

A smile grows on my face as I walk over to him, feeling my medium-sized hoop earrings brush against his cheek as I wrap my arms around his neck, smelling the faint scent of his cologne against his skin. "Thank you for dinner," I whisper softly in his ear, feeling his arms snake around my waist to pull me into him, "I love you so much."

Eren breaths against my neck, placing a soft kiss against my skin as he whispers, "Of course, baby. I love you more." I hear the sound of my obsidian necklace against his chest, along with our matching promise rings as they clink together.

Since it's my last day here, Eren wanted to take me out to an expensive restaurant as our last date. It's definitely the most expensive dinner date that he's ever taken me on before and I know that he has more things planned out for the rest of the night.

All of my thoughts are consumed by spending time with Eren because I don't want to think about leaving tomorrow, knowing that this is the last time I'm going to see him for a while. He's taking me to the airport tomorrow, though, but my heart feels weak just knowing that I'm gonna have to see a bright smile on his face right before I enter the airport.

I place a gentle kiss on his cheek before pulling away from his grasp, taking a small step back to look into his eyes. His hand reaches for mine, interlocking our fingers as a huge grin spreads across his face. "I still have more planned out for you," he whispers as we walk along the sidewalk, letting the air cool our skin as heat forms between our palms.

My heart's beating faster as our arms slightly sway back and forth, feeling the adrenaline from just being around Eren stream through my veins. He makes me feel like I'm living in a constant dream, almost feeling light-headed from the sense of pure bliss saturated in my heart.

His hand reaches for the key to unlock the car as we approach the tinted windows, grabbing the passenger door to pull it open. "You're such a princess," he says in a soft voice as his eyes fixate on me, watching as I sit down on the seat before placing my purse next to my legs on the floor.

My head tilts to the side as Eren closes the door once I'm situated inside of the car. His fingers drag along the hood of the car as he walks to the opposite side, taking a brief moment to open the door and sit on the cool leather of the seat, shutting the door as I ask, "what do you mean?" I pretend to be clueless as Eren situates himself, turning on the car while his eyes shift over to me.

A loud chuckle escapes past his lips as he grabs the gear shift. "You know exactly what I mean," he confidently says as he pulls away from the curb, eyes glancing back over to the road. "You're beautiful and I wanna do everything for you"

"God, you're so corny, Eren," I say while laughing. I find his hand resting on my thigh, fingers wrapping around my exposed skin as his eyes stay on the road in front of him, "you're so lucky that you're hot."

I can't break my gaze away from his face as he turns into a parking lot, watching his hand rotate the wheel and his lips slightly part as he focuses on parking. "Awh. C'mon babe," he says in a deep voice while taunting me, "you know you love it." His eyes briefly glance over at me as he pulls into a parking lot. Once he notices my stare, a faint pink grows on his cheeks. He's blushing from that? Sometimes I underestimate how much he loves me.