Chapter 7

As I finish slipping my heels on, I check my phone, which reads: Saturday, September 5. 5:54pm. Today is Hange's birthday and the day that Eren's supposed to come by and help me with my homework. Hange had mentioned over text to meet up in front of BJ's brewery, their favorite restaurant, around eight, and asked that we all show up formally dressed for the event. Yesterday, I finally texted Eren about studying today, around 6-ish, but that's all I plan to do with him. No more hookups, I just need to pass this class.

I stare at myself in the mirror, unsure if I like how my black dress hugs my body, stopping mid-thigh. My black heels match my dress and I have small silver hoops dangling from my ears. I didn't put too much makeup on because I'd honestly prefer not to stand out tonight. Even though I was confident at Jean's party, I have a gut feeling that something's going to happen tonight. I grab my obsidian necklace off of my selenite plate and put it on for protection from negative energy. I just cleansed and charged it, so it should be ready to use.

The doorbell rings, but I can already guess who it is. I take a deep breath before opening the door, "Hey, Eren," I say, immediately being greeted with the faint smell of weed and raised brows, running his slightly red eyes up and down my body before finally resting them on my lips.

"Hey," He responds while I let him inside, locking the door behind him. He wraps his arms around me to give me a welcoming hug. "Why're you dressed up?"

"Hange's birthday is today, so we're celebrating at a restaurant." I take a seat on the couch while he pulls the coffee table towards us before taking a seat next to me. I grab one of my textbooks that was resting on the table and flip it open to find my homework. His eyes haven't left my body once since he arrived, and now that he's so close to me, I can feel his gaze burning into my skin.

"Just the two of you are going?" he asks, nearly stuttering over his words while his eyes, filled with envy, scan my figure. He slides over my notebook for me to write in.

"My eyes are up here, Eren." I say while pointing to them.

Eren widens his eyes, before quickly turning his head towards the table, "My bad, but answer my question."

"Why does it matter? It's none of your business." He looks at me, uneasy, before I continue, "But no, Hange's friends are gonna be there, too."

Eren groans while rubbing his forehead, "Jesus. Don't tell me that."

"What's the problem? Do you have an issue with everybody?"

"No, it's not that," he sighs and sinks into the couch, "It just means that Zeke's going. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just... weird, y.'know? You'll be drinking with my older brother."

"What? Afraid he's gonna make a move on me?"

"Nah, he wouldn't do that to me."

I tilt my head to the side. So, Eren talked to Zeke about me. Does that mean he knows about everything that's happened between us? God, this'll be so embarrassing. I hope Eren spared some details, but why wouldn't he just tell his best friends?

I keep my face neutral and maintain my composure, trying to prevent him from figuring out that he just accidentally opened up to me. Eren leans forward and rests his elbows on his knees, burying his face in his hands. He muffles out, "Zeke's a great brother, but the last thing I'd want is for him to embarrass me while talking to you."

"So, he knows about me?" I say nonchalantly while rewriting the question from my textbook down into my notebook.

His breath hitches, which probably means that he realized he just fucked up from his few seconds of silence. He mumbles, "Yeah, I told him about you. I tell him everything. I love Armin and Mikasa, but I don't tell them everything that's going on in my life."