chapter nine

"Wake up." I groaned, tired as I ran a hand through my hair, staring at the lifeless body of Zach's in front of me. He was half leaning of his bed at this point. He fucking slept like an idiot, makes me wonder sometimes if I'm related to him at all when he does some stupid shite.

"Fuck off." At least we both weren't morning people, he rolled onto the other side of the bed and having enough with him I yanked the covers off his body, leaving him exposed to the cold chilling air. "What? Whats happening?" He stared at me, half asleep, half awake but nevertheless he was sort of awake right now and that's all that mattered as his body jerked up with his eyes on me.

"Go take a shower, you reek." I laughed as he threw a pillow my way, walking quietly out the room and deciding to go back into my room to wake Asher up. That little boy was more of a morning person than I could ever be in my fucking life. I just don't understand how people can wake up so early, I only do it so I could drop them off to school or otherwise I would sleep through the whole day if I had the chance but work stops me from being a lazy bitch. "Morning, Kiddo." He smiled brightly at me as I laid down on the bed, rethinking my life as I started at the little man.

"Hey Venna, there's this parent teaching meeting today, will you come?" Was that even a question to ask me? I've attended all of Zach's and Asher's parent teacher meetings, their sport meetings and events or anything else that they had wanted me to come to. There hasn't been a thing that I've missed in their life, I raised them, watched them shift, celebrated their birthday, watched them go through first love, heartaches, and what more there is in life.

"Ofcouse I'm going, let's go make breakfast before I have to drop you off?" He leaped into my open arms, giving me a kiss on the forehand and I smiled pulling the kid closer to my body. I wasn't ready to get out of bed.

We both start making our way into the kitchen. I opened the fridge, scanning what to make them for breakfast today and once again I went with simple pancakes. Ash got busy reading his book, looking over his notes on the table while I got ready making a stack of pancakes for each of  them.

A good 10- 15 minutes went by as i placed their plates on the table, waiting for Zach to come down so we could all eat together. I started whipping down the kitchen, washing the dishes and making sure the stove was off just as everything was clean I felt a kiss being placed on my check and I smiled. "Good morning." Mumbled Zach, taking a seat beside Asher that was still looking over his Spanish work, the both started to eat together and Zach forced Asher to put his work away from the table.

"Morning." Zach said to Asher and I glared at the male, his mouth full of food and he knew that would annoy me, which is why he did that.

"What have I taught you about not talk with your mouth full?" I sipped my coffee while glaring at him.

"Sorry Ven." He didnt sound or look sorry as he repeated his mistake once again. I sighed as Ash stood up on the chair, smacking Zach on the back of his head as he walked behind me to the sink, filling himself a glass of water and I laughed.

"What was that for Ash?" I looked between the two boys as they say across from each other, wearing similar outfits to each other yet in different colours. It's always been the same with these two ever since they were younger, they always wore matching clothes but different colour or styled them different.

"For being an idiot." That's what caused the bickering to start between the two while I looked away, staring out the window and then down at the paperwork I had to do for Zach. 30 minutes of them bickering and me doing my work went around the house before we were all out of the house and making our way to school, I had Ash on my back as he wanted a piggy back, he was clinging onto me like a koala and I smiled.