Chapter thirty nine

Skylar howled happily as I was seated in the back of her mind, watching as she sprinted through the forest after a long time of being kept inside because of how careless she could be. Tall dark trees, the blowing wind pushing against her soft fur, rain battering down on her black coat, the wet ground as she dug her paws into the soil, racing over it and going wherever she wanted. She enjoyed the freedom I had given her and I felt guilt for not allowing her to go out anymore, it was for her safety but she felt suffocated being always kept inside of me.

She howled again being far away from the human grounds, this meant no one would be able to hear this wolf's horny calls for her mates to fuck her. There was many reasons why she wasn't allowed to be out again, I hated to do it but again it's for her safety as she is a rare wolf that was existed many centuries ago. Human and her own race had killed her, the moon goddess had gifted me this wolf to keep safe and make her feel loved, but my wolf was a warrior, she fought in the bloodiest wars in the world for her family. 'I should be let out more you know?' I rolled my eyes at her as I didn't say anything but keeping an eye out for her.

'Fuck that, next time I'm being let out!' Zara argued, shouting over at Skylar, talking over her and I laughed at their behaviour. 'Right?' She looked over for me to back her up and I laughed, she didn't need to be worried about anything. I would let her go out on a run any day if I wasn't busy with work and other things, she was rarely out because she was a Phoenix and I was the most upset about that.

'I wanna also go on a run too!' Amber screamed and I rolled my eyes yet again, everyone was so hyper after I had let one of the out for a run. A bunch of children that's what I had for supernatural animals but I loved them to bits and wouldn't exchange them for anything.

It had mostly hit 4:30 in the morning now as the sky was starting to become a lighter shade, the forest still covered with its haunting darkness that liked to play tricks on humans but the chirping of birds and the forest was starting to become more alive as the time went on. It came a surprise to me that neither my mates had bothered to mindlink me, leaving me completely alone after I had left my apartment, and I couldn't feel their presence in the back of my mind anymore, no more feeling of safety filled my body but I was fine with that. I surprisingly felt relaxed for the first time in my life as I didn't feel their spirits around me, I did miss hearing their voices.

I didn't say that. That was skylar or something.

'What time is the interview at?' Anna asked softly, seeming lost in her own little world as her voice had come of different. She was thinking about them, I could just tell, she was starting to trust then I mean I was letting them in at them in at this point. I didn't trust them fully, I could feel they where hiding things for me but I didn't say anything, I mean I couldn't even if I wanted because I was still hiding things from them. I'll hopefully open up to them one day, I really want to feel loved and comfort from another, in with my soulmates but would I ever allow myself to live a happy life?

'I think around 9-10 in the afternoon.' I told, thinking over the time Xander had informed me over the phone when he was down at the bar. He was letting lose a few strings and I was proud of him, I told him to be safe and call me if things go south, he laughed and agreed and told me to relax a little. I sighed, I was rethinking my decision now as my mind kept thinking about them darn fucking men, it felt like I was under a spell that I didn't want to escape.

My shoulders dropped in frustration as I cursed out to no one, I needed therapy, it's unhealthy to keep talking to myself and my not my spirits. 'Is it bad that I miss hearing the twins, Daxon and Dimtri talk to us?' Rachael grumbled more to herself then us, she was missing them more than I thought and now that I think of it I don't think the twins have a fox spirit, which did hurt me and my fox but she still continue to fall in love with them. 'Fuck that, can I go on a run any day like this?' She pounded, her orange eyes looking at the rain with eagerness, and admiration, this fox has always had a great love for the rain which is strange for a fox but all of my creatures are strange. 'Fuck you too!'