chapter ten

It was a busy day near the beach today, everyone was running inside of the shop, placing orders and getting their things before taking seats. The shop was packed today than it normally was, I whipped down the table beside Ruby, sending the girl a smile that had a chocolate ice cream to her lips with a sandwich beside her, she had eaten a full meal yet and it was concerning me. I waved at her, standing up again with my stuff in again before walking behind the counter to unpack a few stuff.

My ears picked up when I heard the door open and close to the shop, a familiar scent floating around in the air until it hit me and I smiled as I whipped my hands down on the apron before standing in front of the ice cream stand. Zach walked in with two of his best friends, he had been friends with these two boys ever since he entered high school and I was happy for him. He was semi popular in school because of the many sports he played in school and outside of school, he was an amazing footballer and an amazing brother.

They were laughing as they made their way towards me, Zach pulling me into a half hug over the counter that was in between us and I smiled as I waved to his two friends. "Hey, Ven." Zach smirked as he forced me to do a handshake with him, a handshake that we've known ever since we were kids and now it was cringe as fuck to do but he loved to annoy me.

"You better have a good reason for why you're here, idiots." My face hardened as I got their order ready, looking at Zach to explain himself, then his two friends that waved at me innocently before pointing their fingers towards my brother. "Don't you three have classes right now?" I handed Juan, a tall dirty blonde haired male his lunch with a drink, I smiled as I handed Nicolas his things before waiting for Zach to say something. Juan and Nicolas were waiting for Zach order so they could pay together, it was Nicolas turn today.

"One of our teachers died today, got the rest of the day off." Fuck. I nodded my head as I handed him his drink and food, he wasn't going to have something unhealthy, not today. Nicolas payed and I smiled again, handing him back his card as they continued to hog around my workplace, scaring off my lovely moody customers while engaging me into their conversation. They were three weird boys, Juan was seen as the mean one out of the group, Nickolas the brains of the group that kept them alive until this day and there came Zach, the good grades and apparently fuck boy of the group.

I wanted to murder him.

"When are you going home?" I asked curiously, getting distracted with my other orders that I walked away from them but they continued to talk, screaming at me for answers and I rolled my eyes. "You better not fight this time around Juan, one black eye is enough." I had been the one that cleaned his eye when I seen him at Zachs school. He had gotten into a fight on the way back home and his parents weren't the best role models, they were addicts and I felt bad for the poor boy.

"About that Ven." Zach rubbed the back of his neck nervously and I glared at him, not ready to hear what he had done this time. He laughed, a nervous laugh and I frowned as I urged him to get it over and done with before I thought about stabbing him in the chest. "You can't get mad!" I raised my eyes at him, handing the change back to the couple walked in for some cold drinks. "I forgot my keys this morning, so can I borrow yours?" I sighed, reaching down into my apron, I pulled out my keys, tossing them over to the idiot as I knew he would forget something this morning.

The grabbed a seat close to where I was working, sitting in front of me while I walked back into the room. I needed to replace bubble gum and mint flavoured ice cream, pulling open the freezer I grabbed two new tubes before walking back to where I was. "Hey Raven!" I mumbled hi back to whoever had called out my name as I slapped ice cream down in their places, restocking them before I told whoever had called out to me to wait. "Could I get the chocolate ice-cream." I got startled by the voice. I look up to see who said it ,Tyler was standing there, well not standing but sitting down on the high seats in front the counter to reach my height.