Chapter 28

"don't leave me!" I yelled.

Everything was a blur. I was sitting in the hospital. I was crying and had my head in my hands.

What am I going to do? If she leaves me it will never be the same.

These thoughts never left my mind. I cried and cried. This is awful.

She's not going to leave me, but in that moment she left.

I woke up crying.

I had a nightmare.

The night of when I lost Laura. Every single detail that happened that night was in my dream.

I hate life.

I just want to be gone. No not just because Avery, but also because I just don't have the desire to be here.

I'm sick and tired of people treating me like im nothing. Oh you think being famous at school is great?

Girls drooling over you, guys wanting to hang out just to say they know me, getting treated special.

It's not always that great.

Yes I'm grateful for my fans and family and friends, but I just I don't know.

"You're up.." A frail voice trailed off.

I turned around to see Avery beside me.

"Avery" I said then looked around.

I was in an actual hospital room just like the one in my dream.

Why was I here? How could I not notice.

I looked at Avery.

"Why am I here?" I whispered.

A tear fell down her face and I turned to my side so I was laying in front of her. I took my thumb and wiped the tear away.

She closed her eyes and a small grin grew on her face. Her expression completely changed when she was about to speak.

"You tried to commit suicide Matthew" her soft voice said.

She began to tear up.

"Promise me that if I don't leave you, you won't leave me" she said while holding up her pinky.

I raised mine up to hers and locked them together.

"I promise Avery" I smiled.

She nodded with satisfaction. She looked at me in the eyes and she began to smile. I looked into her eyes then looked at her lips.

"kiss me already" she whispered.

I leaned in and kissed her. It felt so right.

It's the feeling I missed so much. It was passionate and sweet. I pulled away and looked at her.

"This isn't where or how I was planning to tell you, but I miss you Matt and I'm sorry for what I did. I love you." She said.

Happiness. This is my cure.

Avery's POV

I ran to my room. I couldn't handle being without Matt being there. This is awful.

Life without Matthew by my side is hard.

I miss him.

I began to cry.

I don't know why I just need Matt. I decided I should go knock on his door to see if we could talk. I wanted to give him a second chance.