Chapter 35

Avery's pov

I hated this feeling. A nervous feeling. Today was the day I was leaving Matt to go back home. I didn't want to at all. I would miss him a lot and I had to start off the beginning of senior year without him, which was going to be extra hard.

It's was currently seven forty five and my plane left at twelve thirty. I'm not used to waking up this early anymore. I sighed and rolled over.

I got up and went straight for the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then took a shower. I'm scared of leaving Matt alone with his cast and I know he'll forget to take his medicines.

I got out of the shower and changed into one of Matt's T-shirts and yoga pants. I brushed through my wet hair and then went downstairs for breakfast. We had cereal and milk and that was it.

I poured it into a bowl and sat down at the bar. I scrolled through all the notifications on my phone.I'm not ready to leave. I would much rather stay on the tour and meet more wonderful people, but I have to go.

The first days of school are going to be complete hell for me. Matt is usually there to help me when I'm scared, nervous, or hurt.

He promised he would FaceTime me and text me everyday. He would make time. I heard light footsteps coming to the kitchen. In came a shirtless Matt. His hair was messed and he ran his fingers through it. Even with a cast and crutches he was attractive. Please, with anything he's attractive. He came over the bar and smiled at me.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked as I got up from seat and put my bowl in the sink.

"Nothing" he mumbled.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't want you to leave me" he sighed.

I hugged him tighter. I know it seems stupid to cry, but I really did need him.

"I know. I'm sorry. I don't want to leave either" I said lightly.

He raised up my chin and kissed me. I pulled away and smiled.

"Now, you need to eat breakfast" I said.

He rolled his eyes and sat down in the seat. I propped up his crutches and fixed him a bowl of cereal.

He ate quickly. He finished and went up stairs to take a shower.

-

I was currently at the air port with Matt. I had already told all of the others bye back at the airport. Lucy had already left, which means I get to see her when I get home.

My flight doesn't leave for another forty five minuets. I feel like I'm leaving Matt for months, but it's really not that long. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. He seemed nervous.

"Matt I'm going to be fine and so are you." I said assuring him.

"I know. I'm just scared I don't know" he said.

I rubbed his back and kissed his cheek. I was tired and so was he. We waited and waited for them to call my flight. I wish they wouldn't. I wish it would get delayed and I could stay.

I sighed and sat back.

"Can I see your phone?" He asked.

I handed him my phone and he quickly went on it. I don't know what he was doing, but he had a smile on his face.

He finished and handed me the phone.

"What did you do?" I asked while looking through it.

"You'll see" he smirked.

Finally, they called my flight number. The moment i dreaded.

I stood up and so did Matt. He opened his arms and gave me a big, tight hug. We pulled away and he gave me a long passionate kiss. I never wanted it end. We pulled away and he stared into my eyes.

"I love you so much" he smiled as he planted another kiss on my lips.

"I love you too" I smiled.

He hugged me one last time. I then went to board the plane.

My phone lit up from a text.

'Matthew: I love you. Be safe. Text me when you get on and make it home. I'll call and text you everyday. Don't worry, I'll remember to take my meds. See you soon princess'

I smiled as I read it. I quickly replied and got settled in my plane seat.

I wasn't ready for this, but he'll be back soon.

I wasn't used to riding a plane alone either. I sat back and sighed.

I soon fell asleep.

__________________________

Hi! Finally a new chapter!

Keep voting and reading!

It means so much

I'm finally on spring break so yay! More updating! Love you guys! -Em💘😇