Chapter 12

I woke up earlier than usual today then I do on weekends. It was 8:15 and I usually wake up at 9:30.

I sat up and stretched. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I had a ️familiar feeling in my stomach.

Nervousness.

I smiled as I remembered I had a date with Matthew tonight

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I splashed the cool water from the sink on my face. It woke me up a little.

I walked down stairs and saw my mom sitting on the couch. It was Sunday so it was her day off.

"Hey Mom" I said in my morning voice.

"Hi.. So how did the party go?" She asked.

"Fine." I stated.

I grabbed a waffle she had made off a plate.

"Hmm.. You sure?" She asked.

"Yes?" I said which turned out to sound more as a question.

"Okay. So, tell me about that Matt kid." She said while taking a sip of her coffee.

"Let's just say I really like him" I said not even looking at her.

She looked up from the TV and stared at me.

"What?" I asked taking a bite of my waffle.

She shook her head and laughed. I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

I finished and put my plate in the sink. I walked upstairs and decided I should take a shower. I turned the water on to a warm temperate and got in.

The warm water felt good to my body. I washed my hair and body. I had a my favorite body wash, which I used since I was going on a date with Matt so I would smell nice.

I soon got out after 15 minuets or so and dried off.

I slipped on a t-shirt and shorts and wrapped my wet hair in a towel.

I sat on my bed and looked at my phone.

I had three text messages from Matt.

He told me to dress casual and tonight was going to be fun. The last text was a selfie of him making a funny face. I saved it to my camera and replied to his text.

I went back to the bathroom and blow dried my hair. I decided to leave it at that just for right now. I walked to my closet and searched for a casual outfit.

Considering it was warm outside I decided to wear light white high waisted shorts and a maroon loose top with sandals.

I laid my clothes on my bed and went to straighten my hair.

It doesn't really take long for my hair to be dried or straightened so I finished pretty fast.

I did my normal make up routine and was finished. I wasn't going to go all out with my makeup because all I really want is to be myself around Matt.

I slipped on my clothes and put perfume and a few other things on and was ready to go.

I had about 45 minuets till Matt got here so I decided to go down stairs.

I walked into the kitchen and of course my mom was gone out with James. I sighed and rolled my eyes. All she cares about is him.

He just annoys me so much. He's not the man my mom needs to be with.

I grabbed a water bottle and went back upstairs.

I got a text from Matt saying he would be there in 5.

I'm actually nervous. I have no idea where we're going or what we're doing.

Let's see how this goes.
__________________________

Hi lovelies. Please vote! It would mean so much. Thanks guys! Hope y'all are enjoying the story😂💘-Em