Chapter 54

Avery's pov

I woke up sweating. I sat up and looked around the room. I was in the guest room at Matt's, or our, apartment. What the hell happened last night?

Was that a dream? I sat up and looked down at my bandaged wrist. That definitely wasn't a dream. It's so weird though. Getting proposed to by Matt felt so real. Why did it have to be dream? I wish that would have seriously happened though. Wait what are you saying?

I shook my head and made my way towards the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before going to the kitchen. I saw Matt standing shirtless cooking breakfast. He's definitely started to work out more recently, but his body is already perfect. God he's so attractive. I shook the thoughts off once again and walked into the kitchen.

"Hi" I smiled as I grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge.

"Hey babe" Matt smiled "how are you feeling?"

"Better" I smiled as I sat down on the bar stool.

He nodded and continued cooking as he turned the music he was playing louder. I sat and listened as I went through whatever social media was active. I pressed snapchat and looked through the stories. I haven't been on here in forever. I took a video of Matt signing horribly and dancing while cooking.

'Having fun?' I said as the caption.

I then began laughing, that I couldn't even breath. I fell off the bar stool onto the floor from laughing. Matt just glared and laughed with me.

"I know I'm a good dancer babe" he winked.

I recovered and put it on my story and then went on Twitter. It's Saturday and I don't think I'm going to be doing much today. I skimmed through the tweets and pictures that I was tagged in and noticed many people talking about my snapchat.

'@idkgilinsky: are @averymarie and @themattespinosa with each other?'

'@basicmatt: Avery and Matt are together again!'

I rolled my eyes and laughed a little at their excitement. No, we aren't together. Yes, he kissed me. Yes, he called me babe. Honestly, I don't know what we are.

'@TheMattEspinosa: Avery just fell out of her chair from laughing at my dancing. I thought I was actually pretty good'

I looked up and glared at Matt for telling everyone on Twitter what just happened. He just smirked and continued cooking

"I hate you" I smiled

"I hate you too"

When he finished cooking we both filled our plates with food and went to watch tv and eat.

"Thank you" I said as I went to hug him.

He smiled and kissed my head. What is he doing to me? He's literally not helping me at all. After we finished I decided to take a shower. I went into the bathroom and stripped from my clothes. I then stepped into the shower and bathed. After I finished I got dressed and went back downstairs.

"Avery?" I heard Matt call from the kitchen.

"Yes?" I said as I made my way towards him.

"Can I take you on a date?" He smiled.

I was so happy he asked that. I wanted to scream and run and jump in his arms, but no I have to play it cool.

"I'd like that" I grinned.

"Great" he cheered as he hugged me.

"Oh, you'll never believe the dream I had last night" I laughed.

"What was it about?" He asked.

"You asked me to marry you" I smiled.

"One day" I heard him mumble, yet he thought I could hear him. "That's crazy" he smiled and shook his head.

-

"Ready?" He asked.

"No" I laughed as I buckled my seat belt for the ride we were on.

We were at a carnival. Matt and I have been to these before and this is probably our favorite place. We were on the biggest roller coaster here and I was so excited, but scared.

The ride started and I immediately grabbed on to Matt's hand. I was so nervous. We started going up the hill and soon went flying down it. Matt and I were both screaming and laughing so hard. It was so much fun.

After we finished up on a few more rides we both we starving. We decided on pizza, which is one of my favorites. Matt went up to the counter to order and I went to sit down. I looked around at all the lights, rides, and people. My gaze stopped when it landed on someone who looked familiar.

A boy to be exact. Samuel Wilkinson. I chewed on my bottom lip as I suddenly became nervous. Matt came back with our food and sat down. She gave me a confused look before I brought my focus to him.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Don't freak out, but Sammy's over there" I whispered as I moved my head to show him which direction, not wanting him to notice us.

"Why the hell is he here?" He blurted out, but soon came to his senses and calmed down.

"Shh. I don't know"

"He's supposed to be in jail or something" Matt said getting more upset.

"Look, let's not worry about him"

"But he hurt you Avery. He can't fucking hurt you" he tensed up.

"Can we just forget about him?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

Matt looked at me softly before taking a deep breath. I was uncomfortable even thinking about him and I don't want to worry about him at the moment. He brings back bad memories.

Matt nodded as we finished eating. I was more than tired by the time we rode the same roller coaster for the what felt like the a hundredth time.

"I'm tired" I whined.

"Let's go" Matt chuckled as he intertwined around hands together.

I felt calm and happy. I've been worried all night, but Matt makes me feel safe. He always has and always will. We made our way to the car and got in. He shut his door and looked at me.

"I hope you enjoyed tonight." He breathed.

"Thank you Matthew. I did" I smiled as I looked down at my shoes.

I looked back up at him and made eye contact. He leaned in and kissed me softly. I love Matt so fucking much. He pulled away and smiled.

"We've been through a lot and I'm sorry for every little thing I've done to hurt you. You mean the world to me and I love you so much." He grinned. "Avery Meadows, will you be my girlfriend, again" he winked.

"Yes Matthew" I laughed as he kissed me once again.

Yes, we're a thing. Now I know what we are and I'm more than happy about this. He started the car and started to drive. He rested his hand on my thigh and looked out the window while smiling.

When we reached the apartment, Matt unlocked the door and led me in. I slipped off my jacket and hung it up. I felt him grab my hand and push me against the wall. He kissed me before pulling away.

"I missed being able to do that" he winked.

He kissed me again before leading me up the stairs. I loved this kid more than anything. He lightly kissed my neck before tugging at the hem of my shirt.

"May I?" He smirked.

••

Yo! So basically IT WAS A DREAM AND THEY ARENT ENGAGED.

sorry it there is any typos I'm tired and I need sleep lololol.

Anyways THANKS SO MUCH FOR 10K READS BABES I LOVE YOUUUU

Comment, vote, and follow for more!

-Em