Chapter 38

Avery's pov

The beach trip was fun. I really got to know Jayden. He was pretty cool now that he wasn't obsessed with me.

Matt and I are doing perfectly fine. Nothing else has happened and I'm thankful. School has started back. It's been a week and it's already complete hell. Anna and Cameron are treating me just the same, but worse.

I've tried my best not to cut, but it's hard. It's so tempting when you get called a suicidal whore. They always know everything about me. Do they not understand they're the reason I'm suicidal. Well, have the reason.

But other than that, today is a huge day. Matt comes back today. It's Monday and I have school, which means I have to wait eight hours to see him.

I'm currently laying in bed looking at the ceiling. I decided I should probably get up and get ready. I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I stripped from my clothes and got in the shower.

I got out and put on shorts and a tshirt and then went to blow dry my hair. After, I straightened it and put on my normal make up.

I ran downstairs and grabbed a banana because I wasn't that hungry. I ate it and changed into my uniform and tennis shoes.

I brushed my teeth one last time the headed out. I went to the bus stop because Lucy and I decided to take the bus.

I waited until she got there. Jack wasn't coming back for another week because he was visiting family and friends in Missouri. We got on the bus and talked about random stuff. I told her about all the drama shit and stuff.

We arrived at school and went to our normal boring classes. It's even more boring without the guys. I sat down in my normal spot and waited for class to begin.

Class started and soon began to think. I was nervous and excited for today. I was all bubbly and happy. I couldn't contain my excitement.

I went through all my classes, trying my best to pay attention, till I finally made it to lunch. I say down and waited for Lucy. I bit into my sandwich while humming Shawn's song 'stitches'.

Lucy plopped down in front of me with her lunch and phone. She smiled and began to eat. We talked about the recent school drama, like usual, and got on our phones.

I went to throw away my lunch when I someone tapped my shoulder. It was Anna. Gosh, I thought it was Matt. I was about to cry.

"May I help you?" I asked with annoyance.

"Ha, bitch" she mumbled "okay all I wanted was to know if you wanted to come to a party Friday?"

"Wait, me? Whoa are you sick or something?" I joked as she just glared at me.

"No. I have to invite everyone. Now, you and Matt can come. Hope you can make it." she said while faking a smile and walking off.

Eh, I don't know if I should go. I'm scared of what might happen. Will she kiss Matt again or do something worse? The lunch bell rang and everyone quickly went for their classes.

-

I decided to walk home instead of taking the crappy bus. Lucy went home with some girl named Macy so I just walked home.

I barely had any homework today because teachers are still getting used to being back in school. Senior year is honestly a lot better than I expected. It's less work, but harder work.

I finally made it home and went straight to my room because there was no one home. I laid down and got on my phone. Matt texted me and told me his flight was almost over.