Chapter 1

Avery's POV

As my feet hit the hard concrete with every step I take I think how my life would be if I had no worries. If I was care free. More importantly if I was was loved. No one love's me. Everyone avoids me. Everyone talks bad about me. My life isn't worth living.

I was drawn out of my thoughts when I tripped over a big crack in the side walk. I fell forward and landed hard on the ground. I cursed under my breath as I sat up.

I looked to see a scratch on my elbow and left hand. I shrugged it off and slowly got up. This usually happens. I brushed myself off and started walking again.

Normal Avery Meadows for you.

I walked into my house. My mom was not home, as usual. I rolled my eyes and went up to my room.

I threw my book bag on my bed and changed into leggings and an old T-shirt. I sighed as I sat down on my bed.

I pulled out my math book and started at my work. I'm awful at math, but it was better to get it over with. I did a few problems and decided to get a snack.

I went downstairs to find my mother in the kitchen. "hi sweetie" she said. "Hey mom" I said while making my way to the fridge.

My mom knew about my depression and tried to help me sometimes. She doesn't know I cut though. She wouldn't look at me the same.

"I'm going out tonight with James." She said.

James is her boyfriend. I don't like him at all. He just isn't the person I wanted my mom to be with.

"Okay. Can Lucy come over?" I asked while smiling.

"of course. I'm gonna head out" she said while giving me a hug.

She grabbed her purse and keys and went out the door.

I headed back upstairs and took out of my phone. I texted my best friend, Lucy.

"Can you come over?" I texted her.

She immediately replied with "sure be there in 5"

I didn't reply and just sat my phone on my bed. She lives down the block and we've known each other since 5th grade.

I soon heard her barge in without knocking.

I laughed as she yelled "yo homie I'm hereeee"

"hiya" I said as she entered my room.

We finished our homework so we didn't have anything to do.

"So we only have 3 more weeks of school left." She said jumping up and down.

"I know. Thank God. I'm ready to get out of there" I said while getting on Twitter.

She laughed and got on her phone.

We talked a little and ate some and watched tv.

Lazy. As usual.

It was around six when I asked if she could spend the night.

"Sure I'll text my mom" she said.

Her mom said that was fine. We ended up going to bed at 11:45 since we still had the dreaded school tomorrow.

Me and Lucy go to the same school. We aren't really the popular type. We hang out with a few famous viners and youtubers, but we've know them way before they became famous.

*next morning*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I opened my eyes and saw the bright sun shining through the cracks of the blinds on my window. I sighed and slowly got up and stretched.

"Lucy. Get up!" I yelled at her.

She laid there still asleep. I picked up my pillow and threw it at her.

"What" she groaned while covering her head with her pillow.

"Get up" I said.

I hit her again and burst into song, singing 'Good Girls' by five seconds of summer which made her actually get up that time.

"I'm up I'm up" she said while stumbling out of bed.

She hated when people sang to her in the morning. I laughed and walked into the bath room.

I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower and got dressed.

I put on my uniform which I hated. I blow dried and straightened my long light brown hair and put on my make up.

I put on my bright colored Nike tennis shoes and was satisfied with what I looked like for once.

I smiled and pulled out my phone waiting for Lucy to get done. She was finally finished.

She was also wearing her uniform and black vans. She had her long, blonde hair curled perfectly and her make up on.

We then made our way to the bus stop.

______________________________________________________

Yo! So yeah I hope you like this. It's gonna get a lot better! I'll be updating soon. Im kinda bad at writing but oh well. Thanks for reading! -Em💖