Chapter 31 - Other World

Clementine kicks her door shut behind her and throws her bag on her bed. She wraps her arms around herself, freezing from the temperature inside the house. "God it's fucking freezing in here.. feels like a damn morgue." She walks over to her closet, pulling out Louis' hoodie - which she had stolen from him while he was packing his bags - and puts it on. Then she replaces her pants with comfier ones, pulling on grey sweatpants. She smiles softly, feeling a lot warmer than before.

Then Clem walks over to her bed, climbing on it and getting under the blankets. She grabs her bag, pulling out her phone and tossing the bag across the room.

While she was getting inside the house her phone rang. She didn't answer it because she was busy explaining to Lee why she had been gone passed her curfew.

"I wonder who called me..." She turns on her phone, reading her notifications. Most of them were: Brody updated her Instagram! Or, Minnie posted a new video on TikTok! But the only one that she really cared for was Louis'.

One missed call from, 🎶Louis🎹🃏

Her eyes widen. She hadn't talked to him at all today except for earlier.. when she was mad at him. She quickly FaceTime's him. He answers almost instantly. She smiles widely, showing her teeth when she see's his face. He looks at her through the screen, smiling before looking back down and writing something, "Hey, you. Are you wearing my hoodie?"

She giggles, "Um.. nope..." He grins, looking back at her and dropping the pencil he was writing with, "I was looking for that hoodie earlier because I got cold..." She smiles, "You have TONS of hoodies! You can't get mad at me for taking one!"

"I'll just buy you one then."

"NO! I love your hoodies because they smell like you..." She mumbles, smiling. He tilts his head slightly, smiling, "What does it smell like?"

"I dunno.. you."

"Well what do I smell like?"

"Uhm.." She grabs the collar of his hoodie, smelling it. "It smells like your cologne."

"I don't wear cologne."

"You don't? I thought for sure you did..."

"Maybe it's just natural..." He shrugs and looks back down, writing.

"What are you writing?"

"A letter to your dad."

"About?"

"About how much I love you and that I'll never leave you and I'll always protect you and..." He stops, snickering, "-and that I promise to focus more in his class..."

"Oh my god!" She rolls her eyes, "You're so.. dumb and cringy and... cute."

"Cute?" He smiles, "You're cute."

She rolls her eyes again, this time smiling, "Whatever, weirdo."

He grins again, and asks, "Why didn't you pick up earlier?"

She shrugs, "Dad needed a thirty minute explanation of why I was an hour late. And because of my past.. he needs to really KNOW that I'm telling the truth and not lying."

"Why would he think you're lying?"

"Because when I was still with-" She sighs, shivering from the name she's about to say, "Matthew.. I would lie about the bruises and red marks..."

Louis clenches the pencil in his hand, his jaw tightening, and his brows furrowed, "I really hate that guy. I want to fucking kill him."

"Don't." She says softly, "Don't think like that. Trust me. My first kill was out of pure anger and revenge, after I fell into depression, wondering why I did it. It was a guilt I carried for a long time, Louis. A really long time."