Chapter 14 - A Somewhat Family Reunion

Louis was now driving back to Clem's house. He had the worst time at school but now his day was about to get much better once he saw his girlfriends face. You know, he could get used to this life. Him leaving a couple hours a day and then going back home to see Clementine.

Hopefully one day once they're adults Louis could have an actual job, get a nice house, go home to see his wife and kids. He could only imagine though.

Louis pulled into Clem's driveway. He turned off his car and walked to the front door of the house. Once he knocked on the door it quickly opened, revealing Clementine. She gave him a big hug and then ordered for him to come inside. Both of them walked to the kitchen, then sat at the dining table.

Clem had a smile on her face until she realized what she'd be having to tell him, then a frown appeared on the couple. "I have to tell you something..." Clementine started. She was scared, she didn't know how Louis would react. He didn't say anything, just leaned in closer to hear what his girlfriend had to say.

Clem pulled out her phone from her pocket. She scrolled through her phone until the found the photo. Both of them didn't say anything, the whole room was silent. Clem hesitantly turned her phone around so Louis could see the picture. It was the picture of Abby and Matthew.

Louis didn't recognize any of them until Clem pointed them out, "Those are my exes... The guy is the one who... Ya know." Clem explained. Louis took the phone to get a closer look, later handing the phone back to her. Clem put her phone back in her pocket and sighed, ready to tell everything.

•••

Mariana sat in her house, the house she had been living in for basically her whole life. She hadn't seen her dad in a month - since he went into the army. Luckily she had her uncle Javi and her... Stepmom/aunt Kate - Javi and Kate were like a thing, David found out about it and him and Javier got into a fight. But David and Kate were still legally married, only because David went into the army and didn't have time or want to get a divorce.

Mari's life was complicated. Clem's was too, one of the reasons they were friends, they had a lot in common. Mariana wished the best for Clem. Clementine had been through so much, she deserved to be happy. Mari could only wish for Louis to treat Clem right. Matthew treated Clem right... in the beginning, but that was only the beginning.

Mariana's thoughts were interrupted when her brother, Gabe, pulled her earbuds out - making Mari really annoyed. Her old headphones broke about a year ago, Javi got her earbuds so she could still listen to music. And if Gabe broke the only way she could listen to music privately, she would beat his ass.

"Stop, jerk!" Mari yelled as she punched Gabe's arms as he tried to take her iPod. "Okay, okay!" He surrendered as he put his arms up. Mariana gave him a death stare, then said, "What do you want?"

Gabe rolled his eyes. "I didn't know Clem had a boyfriend." He sighed. Mariana rolled her eyes as well. "Really Gabe? Grow up! Clem has a crazy ex WHO'S NEAR US, and you're worrying about her boyfriend." Mariana said in an aggravated voice, making Gabe scared. He didn't even say anything, he just sat there, ready for his sister to cuss him out.

But thankfully Javier saved the day.

"Why are you two yelling?" Javi asked with his hands on his hips. "Mari's the one who's yelling." Gabe mumbled with his arms crossed. Mariana gave him another death stare. "Well yeah because you're jealous!" She yelled again. "Am not!" Gabe disagreed. "Is too!" Mari backfired. Javier shushed them up, "Stop the yelling." He ordered in a parenting voice, making Mariana and Gabe immediately turn their attention to the adult.