Chapter 12 - Family Drama

Louis didn't exactly want to talk to his father. He hadn't seen him in years. If his father really cared about him then he would've shown up when he needed him.

"I know our introduction wasn't the best earlier. But could we at least talk? I haven't seen you since you were eight." His dad asked. Louis looked at his mom. Amy was sitting on the couch with Clementine, both watching the scene go down.

"Aren't you gonna say anything mom?! You haven't seen him in eleven years?!" Louis almost yelled. Amy sighed. "I've seen your father recently, Louis." Amy confessed. Louis was so confused, so was Clem. "Charles helps pay the bills." Amy sighed again. Louis was shocked. Amy was seeing his dad the whole time and she didn't tell him?

"W-what the fuck?" Louis stuttered, "you knew this whole time and you didn't tell me?" He now turned to Amy. Louis was hurt. His mom usually told him everything, and Louis told her everything.

"Clem, Louis, what's going on?" The little voice by the opened door said. Everyone now turned their attention to the 5 year old. "Nothing kiddo." Clem said as she took AJ's hand and started to lead him outside the house. "Can you make some food?" AJ asked, Clem nodded.

Clementine and AJ walked back to their house.
Louis ran upstairs to go pack his bag, leaving his parents downstairs. "Why didn't you ever let me see him, Amy?" Charles whispered. "You never asked to see him! All you ever cared about was money!" Amy whisper shouted. "That's not true! I care about my son probably more than you do!" Charles whisper shouted back.

"You never bothered to show up to any of his birthday parties, never once called him. While I work my ass of all the time trying to make sure that he's fed and gets a good education, you're MIA!" Amy said. This was true. All Charles ever did for Louis' birthday was give him money, no phone call.

Louis rushed back down the steps with a big duffel bag. "Fuck both of you." Louis stated as he walked out the door.

•••

"Clem, how much longer?" AJ whined. "Ten more minutes." She said. AJ huffed. He was waiting on his chicken nuggets that were cooking in the air fryer. He hadn't ate anything since this morning at Tenn's.

Then the front door opened, revealing Louis holding a bag. "Jesus what's the five hundred pound bag for?" Clem questioned. Louis laughed as he placed the bag on the floor. Then he got serious, "I'm not gonna be staying with my mom anytime soon so I guess I could stay at Marlon's..." Louis said as he looked down to his feet with his arms crossed.

"You could also stay here." Clem smiled. "Dad said he couldn't stay here." AJ stated while shaking his head. "Well," Clem started as she kneeled down to AJ's level. "Dad wouldn't know... If I had a little spy." Clem said as she bopped the little boys nose, making him smile. "I could be a spy?!" AJ exclaimed. "Yes. And my spy has a job," Clem paused. "What job?" AJ asked. "To keep secrets, you're good at keeping secrets." She said.

"But what if I accidentally tell the secret?" AJ asked again. "If you keep the secret..." Clem thought for a second. "I'll buy you McDonalds whenever you want." AJ jumped up and down. "I CAN KEEP A SECRET!" AJ yelled. "So, where's Louis, AJ?" Clem asked to make sure. "I have NO IDEA where Louis is!" AJ said. Then the little boy ran upstairs, probably to draw.

Clem and Louis both laughed at the little boys actions. "You know, I can stay somewhere else if you wanted me to." Louis frowned. "No, I want you to stay here..." Clem said as she placed her arms around his neck. "With me." She finished. Her face turned a bright red color, making Louis slightly chuckle.

Louis placed his hands on her waist. He slowly pushed her small frame against the counter. He was about to lift her body up on the counter top until-