Chapter 28 - Packing up

It had been a week, and it went by fast.

It wasn't the best week for Clementine, it was all filled with tears. But at the same time, it was a good week, a week filled with cuddles and kisses from her boyfriend... her boyfriend that was moving... today.

It was a nice, cool day. The leaves fell onto the ground when the wind blew, it was mid-Fall.

Clementine wasn't happy about this, not at all... not about the weather, but rather seeing the sight she hadn't wanted to see in a long time. Marlon and Louis were moving large furniture to a moving truck, which Charles had paid for- which was completely.. unneeded, but the millionaire refused to let his- 'so called' family take three trips to his house and back.

Clem had to just stand back and watch, it was almost like torture.

She wanted to stop them, but at the same time- she wanted to help... but she couldn't do either of those things. She tried to help, and Louis literally- and I mean literally pushed her back. She knew why. He'd always baby her, treat her as if she was a child. He'd carry her things, make her food, and once he tried to actually feed her.. she smacked him.

Marlon and Louis walked back into the house after they had put the dining table in the moving truck, coming back out of the house with the couch.

Now this could go wrong.

Clem could see it, all the possibilities of what could happen if Louis messed up just once... due to a couch. She could also see that Louis and Marlon both had no experience in moving furniture, especially couches.

The sofa was heavily, really heavy. If it fell on Louis' foot.. broken. His toes would literally look like- well.. nothing. Cause they'd literally be GONE.

Clem tenses up, not even wanting to think about Louis being hurt. She marches forward, seeing Marlon instantly getting scared from the look on her face. Marlon hesitantly looks at Louis, slowly putting the couch down, Louis following his actions.

She stops infront of them, putting a hand on her hip, "Let me help." Louis sighs, "Clem, no."

She scoffs, "Why not?"

"Cause I don't want you hurting yourself."

"Oh yeah? Well I don't want YOU hurting yourself either- you obviously have no idea how to lift a couch."

"Oh- and YOU do?" Louis narrows his eyes, crossing his arms. Clem glares at him, taking a few steps forward. Marlon chuckles nervously, side glancing over to Louis. "I do, actually." She states, taking a few steps closer.

Louis narrows his eyes more, "No. You're gonna hurt yourself." Clem smirks a little, taking the challenge, "I'll get it in the truck in under two seconds, me and AJ."

He scoffs, "AJ isn't gonna wanna do that, he's also probably not going to be able to."

Clem calls AJ over, "Hey, kiddo! I need your help!"

AJ walks over, looking confused, "Help with what?"

She pats the couch. AJ shrugs, walking over to the end of the couch, "Okay."

The two lift the couch in sync, carrying it to the moving truck. All the while, Marlon and Louis watch in shock.

They get the couch in the truck, walking back over to the boys. Clem smiles teasingly, nudging Louis' shoulder as she walks by, "Told you."

Louis scoffs, can't help but to smile at the same time, "Whatever, I could've moved that thing easily..."

AJ nudges past him too, mimicking Clem's movements, "It looked like you were struggling..."

Marlon laughs while Louis is jaw-dropped.

•••

W/C
630

Sorry for the short chapter- this is actually on purpose. BUT there will be a longer chapter... well next NEXT week.