Chapter 7 - Date Night (Part 1)

Clementine and Lee silently drove down the road in Lee's car. Lee broke the silence, "So... are we going to talk about it?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Talk about what?" Clem said with a soft tone and a smile. She was genuinely excited that she'd be going on a date... with Louis. Lee looked at her then back at the road.

"Ya know... about Matthew." Lee said quietly. Clementine shivered when she heard his name. After he'd cut off her finger, she was more scared of him.

Lee noticed how she acted when he talked about him.

"I'm sorry, to bring it up and all. It's just... what if something happens again? What if he comes to your school to try and find you-or AJ's school to hurt him?"

Lee was scared of everything that could happen. He did know that he could beat that kid up easily, but Clementine couldn't, neither could AJ.

"I'll protect AJ at all costs." She assured him. Lee knew Clem loved her little brother, and he loved her back. Lee also knew that AJ would protect his big sister as well.

"I know you're strong, but Matthew is like twice your size, and he's got a lotta muscle." Lee admited. Clem frowned. She thought she had gotten away from everything when she moved, but know it's all just started again.

"If something happens..." Clem started with a huff. "I'll just kill him." She looked at her feet when she finished. She hated talking about killing people like it was a normal thing.

Lee felt bad for her. Ever since she first killed her life has been so complicated. "Clem..." Lee wanted to hug her right now, take all her pain away... but he was driving, so.

"Yes dad I know, it's not good to be talking like this but it's true! I was going to kill him last time I saw him, but-" why exactly did she not want to kill him?

Because she didn't want to clean the mess up...

Realization hit her. It stabbed her in the stomach like a knife.

"Holy shit..." she said quietly. "I'm-I'm a murderer." Her eyes went wide. "I never killed those people for certain reasons... it was just to-to," Lee pulled the car over to the side of the road.

"Kill." She muttered. She knew that she was indeed a murderer, even before now. She just thought she had certain reasons.

Lee pulled her into a hug. She dug her head into his shoulder. She was on the urge of crying but fought it.

•••

Louis waited in the schools parking lot. Louis was borrowing his moms car that she'd let him take. Honestly she wanted him to keep it but Louis didn't want his mom having to drive a bus or something to work, so he let her keep it. And he'd borrow it when he would need it... for responsible reasons...

Louis wanted Marlon to hurry up and come out of the school already. It had only been 5 minutes since Clem left, though it felt like 2 hours since Marlon was taking his fucking time.

Louis couldn't wait anymore. He had somewhere to be, with Clementine. Well, he had to meet her at 6 but he still wanted to get ready and stuff. Louis pulled his phone out of his back pocket.

He searched through the contacts until he found Marlon's. He clicked the 'call' button and impatiently but the phone up to his ear. Marlon responded after 30 seconds of ringing.

"Uhh...Yeah?" Marlon asked his best friend with a worried yet confused tone."Dude, hurry up and get out here or I'm leaving." Louis said seriously, no joking once so ever. "Can't you wait a second-" Marlon was cut off.