Chapter 13 - Nightmare

(Sorry if there's not a new chapter next week, I've been busy. But promise there will be one the week after ❤️)

The little girl pouted in the backseat, mad that her dad wouldn't let her wear HIS hat. "Can I just wear it for a second?" Young Clementine asked, uncrossing her arms. "No. Last time you wore it you got mud all over it. Now stop asking." Her dad said, referring to the little specks of mud on the 'D' hat. "Oh c'mon Ed, it's just a hat. Let her play with it." Clem's mom suggested. Ed huffed. His little girl always got what she wanted. He handed her the hat. Clementine gladly took it and placed it on top of her head. She jumped up and down in her seat, happy that she finally got the hat.

"Look! Look at me!" The girl yelled. She turned the hat so the 'D' was facing her back. "Cool sweetheart." Diana said, not interested. "Okay I think that's enough play time." Ed said as he snatched the cap off of his daughters head. "Hey!" Clementine yelled as she tried to snatch the hat back. Diana didn't even interfere. She knew her husband was very protective of his sports stuff. Once Clementine realized she wouldn't be able to get the hat back from her dad she said, "Ugh I HATE you!" She yelled once again. "Hey! Don't speak to your father like that!" Diana said in a parenting voice.

Before Ed could say something a car crashing into them interrupted him.

It seemed like slow motion for the little girl.

The car went in circles. Ed and Diana had blood all over them. Before Clem knew it she was upside down. She looked to her left. It was the hat. She quickly put it on and looked at her parents. They weren't moving. While they had cuts and blood all over them little Clem was untouched. She crawled out the shattered car window. Once she got out she saw people surrounding her. An ambulance arrived, so did the police.

Little Clementine just thought: "mommy and daddy were sleeping." But that wasn't the case. The car crashed into them in the front, meaning Diana and Ed got the worst.

A paramedic quickly took the untouched girl to the side. She picked her up, making Clem sit on the back of one of the ambulances. The woman stood in front of Clementine, blocking the scene from the little girl. While the paramedic checked for cuts or any signs of bleeding she decided to start up a conversation to get the little girl distracted. "So, what's your... favorite color?" The woman asked. Clementine sighed, "I don't know... purple, I guess." She shrugged. Young Clementine was smart enough to know what the woman was doing

•••

By this point Clementine was crying. She couldn't continue anymore. Louis just held her in his arms. The two had moved to where both of them were laying in Clem's bed. Louis had only seen her cry about 2 or 3 times, each time his heart broke. Louis couldn't take this anymore. Seeing the girl of his dreams sob into his chest hurt him more than he could've ever imagined.

He had set so many promises on her that she didn't even know about, mostly being: "never let anyone hurt her." He knew she had a rough past and he wanted to change that. Give her new fun and exciting memories that they'd share together. He knew from day one that he'd protect her.

Louis hadn't even noticed Clementine's breathing calm down and her silently sleeping in his arms. Her face still stained with tears. Louis wiped away the stray tears with his thumbs and kissed her forehead. Louis knew all good things come to an end, both him AND Clementine knew that. He wished that his and her relationship could last forever, it probably could - and will. But no one ever knows what can happen. Things change, and so do people - (walking dead reference if you didn't notice).

But him and Clem were seniors, they had a better chance of staying together. They only had a couple more months of school left. Prom was around the second to last month of school. Louis had been wanting to ask her, but it was probably too soon. But like I said, prom was months away. Louis was scared to ask her. Clementine did say she didn't like to wear dresses or heals, or go to fancy events. But if Clem didn't want to go then Louis would gladly stay with her the whole night.