Chapter 1 - Intro

Clementine woke up to her alarm, frowning slightly as it felt like she had only been asleep for five minutes.
"Uggh" she groaned as she wiggled in her messy bed. Her curls going everywhere from her movement.
"Clementine! Breakfast is ready!" Lee called from downstairs. A small smile formed on the girls lips.

Lee always made pancakes and bacon on Mondays, hoping to make the 'Monday vibe' better. Clementine rolled out of bed and put some slippers on, making her way downstairs. To her surprise she saw her little brother was awake already - he usually always sleeps in. "Hey goofball." Clem ruffled his Afro. AJ cringed at the nickname he was given as a baby. "It's AJ Clem!" The boy crossed his arms and furrowed his brows, he tried to look tough but he only made his sister laugh.

The family of three sat at the table, all eating their delicious breakfast. "So, are you two excited to go to your new school?" Lee asked, trying to break the silence. "Eh." Was all Clem said. She wasn't excited at all. She hated meeting new people, she had some sort of anxiety of strangers. "I'm excited! That's the whole reason why I woke up early!" AJ exclaimed.

Clem and AJ were like the exact opposite in Clem's opinion. Lee smiled at his young son, then turned to look at Clementine. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. Anytime that you need me I'm gonna be there, after all... I'm your history teacher." Lee smiled as he placed a hand on Clem's hand. "Thanks." She muttered. "Ugh you're so lucky!" AJ whined. "What?to have dad in my school?" Clem asked. "Yeah duh!" AJ yelled. Clem laughed.

"Okay, you two gotta be in the car by an hour. So hurry up." Lee demanded as he scrubbed the syrupy plates as he stood in front of the sink. AJ took this time to go watch his favorite TV show - disco broccoli. Clem decided to go take a shower, since it was her first day and all.

As she washed her hair she thought about her past. All the horrible things that she'd done. One of her bottles of soap fell and made a loud 'bang' noise, it reminded her of a gunshot. She closed her eyes as she remembered the face he made as she ended his life. Tears welded in her eyes as she thought more about it.
Of course she had killed someone before, and of course she had a reason to... but she couldn't stop remembering the way his eyes locked onto hers as she pointed the gun in his face.

She jumped as the bathroom door banged loudly. "Sweet pea! You okay in there?" Lee asked worriedly. Clem let out a relieved sigh 'good, it was only him.' "Yeah I'm fine!" She replied. "Okay, now hurry up! You're gonna be late." Clem quickly got out of the shower and dried off.

She put on a pair of ripped white jeans and a       pale-yellow cropped jumper, and settled with some red checkered vanz. She let her curls hang free without anything done to them. Clem never liked putting on makeup, that's why she didn't have any. She didn't like 'being fake'.

She felt her phone in her back pocket vibrate.

Mariana: I hope you make new friends at your school and forget about me :P just know that I'll always be here if you wanna talk. Just because you moved away doesn't mean we can't still talk...
Remember that me and the fam will come visit you three every month or so. Dads going back in the army so Javi is thinking about moving out there with you guys so he can get a better job so hopefully that's the case!

Clem cringed at the super long text one of her best friends wrote. She did read it though, it made her feel happy. Her and Mariana were best friends before Clem moved. They were only a year apart so it wasn't a bad friendship. The only troubles they had were that Mariana's older brother, Gabe - who is Clementine's age - had a big crush on her.
Clem and Gabe never dated, even though he did try and spread some rumors that she was his girlfriend. That didn't last though cause Clem's boyfriend at the time knocked some sense into him... literally.

Clementine: we're always gonna be friends, whether you like it or not ;)

Clem put her phone away and ran outside and into the car, sitting in the passenger seat. Soon AJ came to the car and sat in the back. "Where's dad?" Clem asked her little brother as she turned to look at him. AJ just shrugged. Soon the drivers seat door opened and Lee sat in his seat. "You forgot this." Lee handed his daughter her school bag. "Fuck really?" Clem muttered. "Hey! I said shit was the upper limit!" Lee chuckled. "... sorry dad." Clem said with her head down in embarrassment. "Hey Clem where's your hat?" AJ asked. "Dunno, I couldn't find it," she shrugged. "The teachers would probably tell me to take it off anyway."

The three listened to music as they drove to the K-5 school, which Clem was obviously not apart of. Once they made their way to their destination they dropped the little boy off and left.

"So... I wanted to talk to you Clementine." Lee said in his parenting tone of voice, he clenched the wheel harder. Clem knew by his voice this talk wasn't gonna be good. "What is it?" She asked as her body tensed up. "We all know what happened in your other school..." he started. Clem gulped. "Don't remind me." She said, turning her head to look out the window.

"Clem I didn't raise you to... to-to" he was searching for the right words. "Be a badass." She finished his sentence with a smirk, now looking at him.

He glanced between the road and his daughter. "It's not cool Clementine." He said in a deep voice, sending shivers up her spine. "It's not cool to get into fights with other people-physical fights!" His voice was a bit louder now. "It was only two... maybe three fights. But they weren't the same people." Clem muttered loud enough so that he could hear.

"Why Clementine?" He did care a lot about his daughter, any father would. He just never understood why she chooses to do everything she did. "Because people are mean! And annoying! And-and," she yelled "assholes." She said the last part silently. "Just. Promise me that you won't live like that again." Lee said once he saw the school. "As long as nobody is bullying somebody, then yes." She crossed her arms.

Lee was really proud of his daughter. She knew that bullying was wrong. The fights that she were in was mostly because the popular girls would bully the overweight kids, and that made Clementine mad. Lee honestly wasn't mad at her for beating them up, he was mad because she wasn't carful. She got in trouble because she got caught. Lee taught her to cover up her tracks, or sneak away if she ever did anything bad like that.
He taught her that because he had already made that mistake once - with his ex wife's affair. He was surprisingly lucky to not have gone to jail, and to adopt two kids.

•••
Did you like it? I can't tell if this is shit that I just wrote but I do know but it took me an hour to write and FIVE MINUTES to proof read smh 🤦🏼‍♀️

If this is the first time you have ever read any of my books then I have more... (that came off a little offensive)... sorry -_- I have a one-shot book and like two others... that I haven't written in in like a year, so

Bye