Chapter 38

The two girls lay in the bed, arms lazily draped over one another. The sun had only just rose about an hour prior, and yet Clementine was wide awake, having stayed up the whole night. Yes, she was very much exhausted, but her mind wouldn't stop 'running'.

The harder she thought about it, the easier it was to make sense, she was depressed. Seeking for comfort, she ran into Erin. And now, the girl was seeking comfort to Clementine because of her own depression.

But Clementine didn't want that, she didn't want Erin clinging to her.. the only person that she wanted was Louis, and even himself was 'clinging' to someone, Sophie - she thought, anyway.

Now she was faced with a new problem, 'How in the hell am I going to get Erin out of here?' Of course she could simply just tell her to.. ya know- GO. But after the events of last night, it seemed that Erin was definitely more interested, and not just by her looks.

Well, only one thing to do...

"Erin." She whispers, gently shaking the girls shoulders.

Erin groans in response. Definitely similar to Clementine: she hated being woke up. Erin's face scrunches in discomfort, "What?"

"You have to get up!"

"Why?"

Shit. "Well.. because.. um..." 'The one time that you can't make up a good lie, Clementine.'

Erin is fully awake by now. Sure, she's still a little groggy, tiredly rubbing her eyes as if it'll help wake her up more. "You want me to leave, don't you?"

You can tell by Clem's face that she's wracked by guilt, slowly nodding her head.

"Alright." Erin sighs in annoyance. She wasn't exactly bothered that Clementine wanted her to go - only slightly - but she was more annoyed that she had to get out of bed.

Erin stands, swiftly pulling on her clothes as fast as her tired state could. Clementine sits in the bed, slowly wrapping the blanket around her, scratching the back of her neck, "How- um.. never mind." She shakes her head in defeat, deciding against the question.

Erin turns to her after pulling her shirt on, "What?"

"How were you so.. 'experienced' last night?" She asks innocently.

"Oh.." Erin can't help but smile at the blunt question asked by- well- Clementine. "I've had practice."

"With who?"

"Louis- duh." Erin rolls her eyes.

"Wait.. what?" Clem asks almost angrily.

"What? Why are you so surprised?"

"Did.. did you two- ya know.. have sex?"

"Um.. yes. He.. said he always wanted to 'try things out,' so.." Erin gives a nervous laugh, scratching the back of her neck.

Clementine glares, "He fucking told me he was a virgin.. why the FUCK would he lie about that?"

Erin shrugs, looking as surprised as Clementine, "I really don't know why he wouldn't tell you, Clem. Sorry."

Sure. Louis had 'moved on' with Sophie, but he had lied too? Before, when Clem was angry and driving to his house, that was nothing compared to the anger now. This? This was the last straw. The cherry on the fucking top. She needed to talk to him. This time really talk to him. And she needed to do it. Now.