Chapter 25 - Erin

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... I think we're better just being friends..."

"Friends?"

"Yeah.. friends..."

"Seriously, Louis?"

"Look, I'm not into you.. that kiss years ago- was just a kiss, we were kids..."

"So you're breaking up with me?"

"Well.. yeah?" He shrugs, "Erin, I'm sorry.. it's just- I don't wanna be in a relationship with you if I don't like you."

"You don't like me?"

"No! I mean- yes! Just- not like that! I like you- as a friend.. nothing else..."

"Well.. what don't you like about me?"

"I dunno.. I just-... I have a 'type'."

Erin scoffs, "A type?"

"Yeah..." He scratches the back of his head, looking down.

"Well.. how am I not your type?"

"You're just.." Louis sighs, "I don't wanna hurt your feelings..."

"Tell me."

"Erin-"

"Tell.. me..."

"You're not like- I dunno.. you just- you act different. You act like- how you think I WANT you to act- but I don't- I just want you to be yourself."

"I AM myself!"

"No you're not. Marlon has told me how you act when you're not around me- he says you act different."

"Well.. I can change- I can be better for you!"

"No- that's exactly why I'm ending this.."

"But WHY?!" She steps closer to him, glaring angrily at him.

"I'm-I'm sorry, okay... I don't mean to upset you-"

"No- you MEANT to..."

"No I didn't!"

"Well you're doing it right now!"

"Whatever- Erin, we're over." He turns around and walks away.

She grabs his arm and makes him turn around, "This- this is just one of our fights, right? We'll just be.. back together tomorrow??"

"... No." He gets out of her grip and continues to walk down the schools hall.

"Louis!" She yells his name, but he doesn't turn around, instead he just keeps walking.

"Louis!!" She calls his name again, only louder. He walks out of the school building, getting out of her sight.

•••

Louis sat in his car- skipping the rest of class.
Him and his girlfriend were over- done.. so really he should say EX girlfriend...

He felt free- he had wanted to do that for a while... Erin was nice, but she was a liar- one of the reasons why he had just broken things off.

And also, Erin wasn't his type. His USUAL type was.. well: a girl who was defensive, who acted like she didn't like the compliments- but inside really DID like them. His type would be a girl who was.. stubborn- and sorta mean- well, not MEAN, but maybe controlling?