Chapter 41

Louis: Sophie, I'm gonna be out of town for a few days for my dads business trip. You wouldn't wanna come if I invited you anyways.. But I'll come by your house tomorrow and give Minnie my card to give to you. Use how ever much money you want, just don't bother me anymore. I'll tell you when I get back.

Sophie: That business trip better be short.... 🔪

Louis: Yeah whatever you say, love 😒🙄

Sophie glares at her phone screen. Her phone "dings" when the next text from him is sent.. which sends her an address... in Georgia?

Louis: Shit. I didn't mean to send you that.
Delete it.

Sophie stares at the screen contemplatively... until she remembers something: Clementine used to live in Georgia.

So.. that meant.. Louis was seeing her?

She looks up the address, seeing that it's a rehab center- but why would he pick Georgia?

•••

"Sophie, where are you going?" Minerva sighs as she follows her sister. Sophie was packing a bag full of stuff, and hadn't even put makeup on - that's why Minnie had been confused as to where she was going.

"Louis sent me an address. I'll be back later." She rolls her eyes as she grabs a pair of car keys, "It's not like you'd care anyways."

•••

The redhead drove angrily down the street. It's not like she was allowed to drive - she had lost her license a few months ago because she was drinking. But if a cop pulled her over, she'd just bribe them with the 5,000 Louis had given her prior. And the car that she was driving was one of the family's cars - usually it'd just stay in the garage because it was "too nice" and "too expensive to drive."

Sophie stops at the address Louis had given her. And it was right, it was a rehab center. But.. why would he accidentally send that to her? Didn't he say that he was going on his dads business trip? And out of all the places to go.. he'd pick Georgia?

(a/n: in case you haven't noticed, I'm writing this in Sophie's perspective.. so if some things sound stupid or untrue, it's just Sophie 😂)

But what if he chose Georgia because he knew that Clementine went here - If her and AJ fled here? She turns the car back on by a press of a button, and drives to a location that had been haunting her since she left.

When she arrives at the house, she see's a car in the driveway. It looked suspicious. Maybe it was Louis' car?

Maybe he had planned the whole thing- maybe Clementine did- maybe even both of them.

She steps out of the car and stomps to the front door. She raises her fist to knock- bang on the door. But before she can, she falls to the floor, then blacks out.

•••

Sophie wakes up in a chair- well, tied to a chair. And in front of her is.. a man? She blinks, confusion lining her face. It takes a second before her vision clears, and she's able to see- "Matthew." Sophie gasps.