Chapter 26 - Duck

(Back to the present day- where chapter 24 ended)

Mr. Moore assigned the three their seats, each student sitting around the classroom.

Luckily, James was sat infront of Violet. James turned around in his chair.

"So you got into a fight yesterday, huh?" Violet teases. Everyone knew James wasn't a harmful person- so it was very rare to say 'James was in a fight.'

"Yeah.. they were picking on some freshmen.. I had to do something." James announces, cracking his knuckles jokingly.

"So you're sitting here now?" Clem asks, her eyes focused on scribbling on the desk.

"Yep- for the whole year..." James slightly smiles.

"Are we like- the pride table now?" Clem asks again, now looking up.

Louis was watching the whole scene... she was trying to make a joke- but he couldn't help but smile to himself of how cute it was- and how innocent she looked.

"The pride table?" Violet asks with a raised brow.

"Uh- yeah... cause I'm bi, you're gay.. and James is gay too..."

Violet smiles at this, leaning back in her seat proudly.

James can't help but gasp, "You're bi?!"

"Um.. yes? You didn't know?"

"No I didn't know- but.. when did YOU know?"

"Hmm.. I think it was 7th grade maybe? All my friends were into the guys- cause ya know, hormones really hit hard at that age.. but I didn't really like the guys- only the girls in short-shorts..."

Louis grins, "Oh, so you get turned on when it comes to short-shorts?" He teases, adding himself into the conversation smoothly.

Clem blushes, "NO- I didn't say I get turned on- I SAID-" She gives up, not continuing to defend herself.

"So.. what if I show up to school wearing short-shorts?" He grins wider, Marlon listening into the conversation.

Clementine blushes even harder, "d-don't... I said GIRLS... not GUYS..."

"What if.. I wore a speedo?" He teases even more, enjoying how her face kept heating up in embarrassment.

"Wh-what? NO! You know what- I'm DONE with this conversation.." Clem shakes her head, trying to get the image out of her head. She clears her mind by erasing the scribble she made on the desk.

Louis opens his mouth to say something else, but before he can speak, Clem throws a ball of paper at him. He chuckled lightly and catches it swiftly. He opens the bunched up piece of paper, and inside says

'Fuck off'

"I've been waiting to use that one..." Clem mumbles.

Louis shows Marlon the paper and they both laugh quietly.

Louis looks up to see the clock- or at least tries to, but he catches his eyes on the girl that had just gotten into the classroom about 10 minutes ago... Erin.

She stares a him, completely lost in thought- and completely unaware that he knew she was staring.

Marlon notices, "Dude, stop." He nudges Louis' shoulder. Louis looks away, "What?" Marlon glares, "Look beside you." Louis already knew what he was talking about... Louis looks to his side, seeing Clementine laughing and joking with James and Violet.