The Arrival Of Aditya's Parents

Third person pov

Aditya was waiting anxiously for the arrival of his so called family of this era at the entrance of Hastinapur. The entire royal family of the Kurus were present there to welcome the royal family of Kanchi.

The Pandavas stood opposite to the Kauravas as usual. Karna went directly towards Duryodhan and stood beside him. But Duryodhan moved a little and stood close to Dusshasen and Vikarn making Karn's ever radiant face fall. Dishita noticed this and mentally frowned.

She was well aware of Duryodhan shutting out Karn. Karn told her about this the other night. But she didn't take it very seriously because Duryodhan was literally shutting out everyone in the palace. But she was now sure that something was really wrong with Duryodhan and it involved Karn. She decided to have a talk with him, as soon as possible.

On the hand, the Pandavas flashed a big smile towards Karn, who tried to give a genuine smile in turn. Yudhishtir noticed his eldest's fallen face and decided to enquire about that to him later in the day.

Meanwhile, Aditya was fidgeting with his fingers, his eyes glued on the entrance. He was visibly very nervous.

"Hey.. Stop with that fidgeting and stop behaving like you are going to meet your family for the first time!!!" Arjun exclaimed, as he moved towards Aditya.

Aditya smiled nervously in return. Little does Arjun know how true his words were!

Suddenly, two chariots accompanied by at least 100 soldiers mounted on horses entered, gaining everyone's attention. Conch shells were blown, annoucing their arrival. Aditya's heart started racing so fast... His so called family was finally here!!!

A man in his early fifties got down from the first chariot and helped a women nearly of the same age to get down as well. That man had confidence in his posture with intimidating features. The woman had gentle features with a gentle gaze. And she was rather good looking for her age too. Aditya was looking at his 'parents' in a daze. But he failed notice a well built figure trailing behind his father.

"Welcome to Hastinapur, Maharaj Vishwanath and Maharani Raghavi." Dhritarashtra said in a monotone voice.

"It is indeed a very great pleasure to have you in our kingdom, Maharaj. Thanks a lot for accepting our invitation." Vidur continued, his tone welcoming and warm unlike his brother.

"We request you to stay until our daughter's wedding and shower her with your blessing." Gandhari continued with a smile.

"It is an honour to be a part of the wedding of the only princess of the Kurus. Thanks a lot for inviting us." Maharaj Vishwanath replied with a smile.

And a few blah blah blah greetings were exchanged.

Aditya stood rooted to the ground, his eyes never leaving the King and Queen of Kanchi. He didn't pay any attention to any for their conversation or his surroundings and just looked on.

Right after the welcoming session, began the blessing session. Duryodhan quickly took Vishwanath's and Raghavi's blessing and ran back to his room. He was followed by his brothers and Karna, who also left the place immediately.

The Pandavas were next on the line, followed by Krishna, Balram, Subhadra, Dishita, Vidushi and Dusshala. Aditya was the only one pending.

Krishna pushed Aditya forward, who was still in a daze, and murmured "Take blessing!" to him. Aditya stumbled forward, a bit nervous and uncomfortable. He moved in front of his 'parents' and smiled a little. He bent down and touched their feet who blessed him with long life in return.

Now, he stood face to face with his parents, nervousness accompanied by panic. Maharaj Vishwanath pulled him into a hug, which literally gave him a mini heart attack. It took several seconds for him to respond to the hug.