Nakul Introduces The Pandavas

Third person pov

"You name him Mitr. I am very bad at naming." Karn said taking a seat beside Duryodhan.

Duryodhan watched the puppy closely. He is going to be the pet of Karn, which means he should be brave like his master. So he decided to name the dog 'Veer'.

"Veer." Duryodhan said and the puppy barked happily.

"He likes it I guess. So my puppy will be called as Veer!" Karn said and the puppy barked again licking Duryodhan all over his face.

"I like him. Where did you find him? Duryodhan asked and noticed Karn panic.

"Hmm... Mitr... I got it as a gift from Nakul. He apologised to me for insulting me and offered Veer as a gift and I couldn't deny." Karn tried to reason.

"Oh.." That was all Duryodhan uttered. He excepted something like this. The fact that Pandavas are trying to befriend Karn hurt him. He tried to cover his disappointment with a smile.

"Okay Mitr... I am going for a walk. Can I take Veer with me?" Duryodhan asked and Karn said a small okay. Duryodhan quickly left the room and Karn sighed.

Something is bothering Duryodhan. But he is not opening up. He understood that Duryodhan needed space but at the same time, he wanted to help. Why is this fellow so complicated???

-------------

Nakul barged into Karn's room.

"Jyesht!!! Come with me!" With that, he dragged Karn with him.

"Nakul, why are you pulling me?" Karn asked, getting confused.

"I have to introduce my new friend to my brothers." Nakul replied and pushed Karn inside the Pandavas' chamber.

"Wait... what?" Karn uttered but he was pushed inside.

The Pandavas were in shock. Their eldest brother is standing in front of them and they stood like statues.

"Jyesht! Meet our brothers!" Nakul exclaimed and made Karn sit on the bed and seated himself beside him.

Karn was not able to comprehend what was happening. One minute he was in his room and the next minutes he is in the Pandavas room!

"H-Hello Angraj." The Pandavas said in unison with a awkward smile. Karn wished back with the same awkward smile.

"Jyesht, this is Yudhishtir bhaiya, the eldest." Nakul introduced, pointing to Yudhistir.

"This is Bhrata Bheem." Nakul said, pointing at Bheem.

"This is Bhrata Arjun." He said, pointing at Arjun who shot daggers with his look at Nakul.

"And finally, my headache, Sahadev." Nakul said and Sahadev threw a pillow at him.

"And my dear brothers, this is jyesht Karn, my new friend!" Nakul introduced.

Karn and the Pandavas blinked at each other.

"We already know each other Nakul." Arjun said, clearing avoiding to look at Karn.

"But it's my duty to introduce!" Nakul argued back.

"That's for strangers Nakul. We are not strangers." Yudhishtir said calmly.

Arjun and Karn looked at each other for a second and then looked away. The tension in the air was suffocating them.

"Uhh... I will be right back." With that, Arjun ran out of the room.

Karn sighed. He knew that Arjun will not come back until he is gone.

The other 4 Pandavas and Karn sat in awkward silence.

Bheem, unable to bear the silence, decided to break it and initiate the conversation.

"Have some laddoo Angraj." Bheem offered and everyone's jaw dropped. Bheem is offering laddoos!!!! It's a miracle!!!

"OMG!!! Jyesht you are lucky! Take a laddoo before the offer ends!" Nakul exclaimed in shock.

Karn was frozen. These Pandavas are going mad!!! Why are they so nice all of a sudden?

"No... Thank you Rajkumar Bheem." Karn said with a tight smile.

"We know Angraj, everything seems weird to you. But we are genuinely sorry for what we did. We have realised our mistakes and we seek forgiveness from you." Sahadev apologized.

"Yes Angraj, We are extremely sorry for what we did. Please forgive us Angraj." Bheem apologised, joining his hands.

"And Arjun has also realised his mistakes. He has been trying to apologise to you but he couldn't gather confidence. After all he was the one who hurt you the most. Now, he really wants forgiveness for his actions Angraj." Yudhishtir said.

Karn was dumbstruck. He tried to say something but nothing came out.

"Hmm..Uhh.. That's.. I mean.." Karn struggled with his words.

Yudhishtir mentally sighed. He could understand Karn's situation. In fact he was happy that he didn't faint when he said Arjun wanted to apologize.

"That's okay Princes. I am sorry too, for being rude." Karn said with a small smile.

"Enough of apologizing. Now everything is fine. And Bhrata, you were searching for a sane person to discuss those boring political stuff right? I am sure that Angraj could help." Nakul said diverting the topic.

"Oh Yes.. I wanted some suggestions and opinion about the new rules which I wanted to propose in the sabha. Could you please help me that?" Yudhishtir asked, mentally thanking Nakul for diverting the topic.

"Sure!" With that, Karn and Yudhishtir sat down discussing. Bheem continued his usual hobby of eating laddoos. He and Nakul cracked some stupid jokes, interrupting Yudhishtir and Karn often. Sahadev sat at a corner with his book, and occasionally laughing at those stupid jokes.

Karn felt home. He didn't knew why, but it felt nice to be the Pandavas. He was slightly disappointed with Arjun though. It's not like he is gonna beat him or shout at him if he apologize. In fact, Karn wanted to apologize too.

He decided to apologize to Arjun first, because he knew that Arjun will never be able to approach him.

Arjun watched all these. He desperately wished to be a part of them. But what could he do!? His confidence betrayed him whenever he tried to speak to Karn. But while his brothers could do it, why can't he? Karn was his own brother after all. He would surely understand him.

He decided to speak to Karn at any cost before today's sun set.

*********

Arjun will apologize to Karn and vice versa in the next chapter! I promise! Excited for it? Let me know!

And all the names suggested for the puppy were so cute that at one point, I thought introducing a pet to every character and give each one a name!!! Hope you guys are not disappointed with the name I chose. Thank you sooooo much for suggesting such beautiful and cute names!!!

And...Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

Next chapter will probably be updated on Sunday.

Love you all!!! Stay safe!!!