An Intruder In The Palace?

Third person pov

"How much time should I tell you??? That Mridini is not your sister. She is that Vasudev's sister. She is trying to manipulate you." Shakuni yelled at Duryodhan.

"No mamashree, you are wrong about her. She is a very sweet girl. And she is no less than Dusshala to me." Duryodhan answered with a straight face. Shakuni was shocked beyond everything hearing him.

"You don't know about her! She is a trickster just like her brother. She only cares for the Pandavas, not you!" Shakuni yelled again trying to change Duryodhan's opinion of her.

"Let it be, Mamashree. I care for my sister, that's enough." Duryodhan said making Shakuni frown.

"She is not your sister, idiot!!!" Shakuni shouted and Duryodhan sighed.

"I am sure that you will change your opinion of her when you get to know her. She is not like that Krishna." Duryodhan said and Shakuni frowned again.

'She is even more dangerous than that Vasudev. Lord Shiva himself is her Guru. She has a boon that nobody could defeat her in a battle. She is quick witted and manipulative just like her brother. She is a way more dangerous than you can ever imagine.' Shakuni thought to himself.

He must soon send her back to Dwarka. The longer she stays, the dangerous she becomes.

"Whatever..." Shakuni uttered in a irritated tone and stomped out of the room.

---------------

Karna was going back to his chamber. He felt much better now. All thanks to Rajmata Kunti. He woke up a long time ago. But Kunti made him stay in her room since his fever was not completely down. On her insistence, he rested in her chamber all evening. Now it's past dinner time. While he was walking, he saw a figure at a distance, wearing an armor with a red turban which extended to cover that whoever's face. That 'whoever' was hiding secretly behind a tree. That whoever also had a sword with them. That whoever was peeping from behind the tree. His mind screamed that it was an intruder.

An Intruder! That 'whoever' was definitely an intruder! Probably a spy!

Karn slowly made his way near the tree. Before he catch the intruder, that intruder swiftly kept a sword on his neck. Karna was stunned. That intruder was impressively very alert and had good precision. One inch further, he would have been seriously injured.

Karn quickly ducked and flicked off that intruder's sword and pressed that intruder against the tree. He caught a hold of that intruder's wrists.

"Who are you? A spy? Who sent you?" He questioned while twisting that intruder's wrist. That intruder winced in pained. Wait... That intruder sounded like woman!

The intruder quickly pushed him off with all their strength and ran away. Karna chased that intruder. Now they were in a well lit area and he was sure that it was a woman! He caught that woman intruder's turban and pulled it off. That woman intruder's luscious hair became loose and flowed down in her back. He got mesmerized for a second. That intruder looked so beautiful even from behind. Now, he wanted to see that intruder's face. He got strangely curious. Wait.... Did he just think beautiful?

Unfortunately, he lost that intruder. She must probably have hid somewhere. Karn was disappointed that he failed to see her face. A small smile spread on his face when he thought about the intruder. He started to walk back to his room, trying to imagine that intruder's face. Suddenly his common sense started to yell one sentence repeatedly in his mind. 'She is an intruder!!!'

Karna mentally slapped himself for this. An intruder is a threat! He made his way to Mahamahim's room to inform about the intruder.

----------------

Dishita quickly shut her room's door. That was close! That man could have caught her! She drank some water and got changed into a very simple sari. She hid her armor and plopped down on the bed. She was about to sneak out of the palace for an adventure but her plans were spoiled because of that man. Why can't he take care of his own business?

She suddenly heard knocking sounds making her jump in shock. She opened the door and saw Nakul outside.

"Didi!!! There is an intruder in the palace. You are okay right?" He asked and Dishita's eyes widened. That intruder was her! That man should have informed everyone.

"Yes.... Yes. I am fine. Do you have any idea who that might be?" She asked using all her strength to stop exposing herself.

"No Didi... Angraj was the one who spotted that intruder. He said that it was a woman!" Nakul said and Dishita panicked.

"Did he see her face?" Dishita asked, praying for a no as an answer.

"Unfortunately, no. He didn't see her face." Nakul said and Dishita sighed, relieved.

"Ohh... Okay, I will take care. You go and rest, Nakul. I will inform if I see anyone suspicious." She said and he nodded and left.

She closed the door and sighed. So that man was Angraj..... She thanked all gods for saving her. If she had been caught, she would have received hours long lecture on the topic 'How to act responsible' from Aditya.

She laid on the bed, planning to resume her adventure tomorrow. Eventually, she drifted off to sleep.

--------------

Karna was unable to sleep for two reasons. One, he slept for almost the whole day and two, that beautiful intruder. He still couldn't believe how she escaped. He got distracted for a minute and she escaped. And she still hasn't been caught by the soldiers. Even after searching the whole palace for two hours straight, she was nowhere to be found. They even assembled all the female servants and did an identity check on them. Still, no luck in finding her. He didn't know why, he, very badly wanted to have a look at her. May be he got curious? He didn't know. With the thoughts of the strange intruder playing in his mind, he closed his eyes and waited for sleep to come over.

**********

Hello everyone......

Sorry for the late update! My professor, who is no less than a devil, has been torturing us with multiple tests for the past few days.

How was the chapter? Hope you liked it. If you did, then please do vote and comment your thoughts!!!

Love you all!!!!