The Coronation

Third person pov

It's the coronation day!

The entire palace was decorated. The people were celebrating the day. Sweets were distributed and whole kingdom was relishing in happiness expect some certain 102 people. Kauravas, Gandhar naresh Shakuni and Maharaj Dhirdhrashtra. Karna was sad, very sad for his friend but deep down, he knew that only crowning Yudhishtr as the future king is dharm.

Dishita was very excited. It's the first time she's witnessing something like this. Her excitement had no bounds. She's personally taking care of all the decorations and food stuff alongside Dushala and Subhadra. Despite her happiness and excitement, her mind constantly wandered to Duryodhan. She wondered how is mindset will be and mentally made a note to pay him a visit after the coronation.

Aditya, on the other hand, along with the four younger Pandavas, was in charge of getting Yudhishtra ready for this big day. He and Yudhishtr became best friends in a very short period of time. He was so happy for his friend. His mind constantly drifting to Vidushi, he was hoping to see her again today.

Soon, the royal family and the royal guests were summoned in the court room and the coronation ceremony begun. Once in while, Dishita glanced at Duryodhan, who sat like a statue, his face void of any emotions. She had no idea why she felt bad for Duryodhan. Maybe, his little gesture of affection towards her created a big impact on her.

Aditya's eyes were fixed only on the lady of his dreams. She was wearing blue, in which she looked ethereal to him. Her mere glance at him were enough to drive his heart crazy. Once in while, Krishna would elbow him to bring him back to reality. Meanwhile, Krishna and Dau were enjoying, witnessing the budding love.

And very soon, Yudhishtr was crowned as the Yuvraj and the sabha was dismissed.

"Congratulations Jyesht!!!" All the four younger Pandavas said in chorus and ran to hug their brother. They shared a group hug. Duryodhan stomped out of the court room, which didn't go unnoticed by Dishita.

Kunti had tears in her eyes. She was happy, but certain amount of fear and sadness never left her heart. Mahamahim and Mahamantri were on cloud nine. Dharma was going to be established in Hastinapur very soon.

Aditya, Krishna and Balram also hugged Yudhishtr. Meanwhile, Dishita silently sneaked out and marched towards Duryodhan's chamber. She didn't knew whether what she's doing is right, but decided to do what her heart commands. Right now, her heart commanded her to go and meet Duryodhan.

She stood right outside Duryodhan's chamber debating within herself for the final time whether to go in or not. She heard screaming sounds and some clanking of metals and that's when she decided to enter.

The whole room was a complete mess. Duryodhan was throwing things everywhere. His eyes were puffed and red. His hair was disheveled and he had tear stains on his face. Karna, Ashwattama, and Dusshasen were in the room too. No one noticed her.

Karn tried to calm Duryodhan, while the other two stood in a corner, their mouths shut and their faces pouring out concern.

"Mitr.... Calm down." Karna kept repeating the same sentence again and again. It hurt him to see his friend in such a state.

But Duryodhan became more enraged by each passing second. Tears rolled down from his blood red eyes. Duryodhan was literally behaving like a mad person. It was like he completely lost his senses. Karna's words of comfort failed to reach his ears.

Karna was also crying seeing his friend like this. He had seen enough. He had to bring Duryodhan back to his senses.

"Bhrata....." Dishita uttered, enough for everyone in the chamber to hear. Her tone was unsure.

Duryodhan froze hearing that voice. He quickly wiped his tears and turned around, his back facing her.

"Y-yes Mridini, do you want something?" Duryodhan spoke, his voice breaking.

"Look at me." Now her tone was commanding.

Duryodhan didn't turn. Her stood rooted to the ground, quietly wiping his raging tears. Dishita moved in front Duryodhan.

"Why are you crying?" She asked him, even though she knew his answer.

"I lost!!! The Pandavas won..... They defeated me. They snatched everything from me!!!" Duryodhan fell to his knees and shouted. Dishita and Karn knelt down too. Karn had his arm around Duryodhan, supporting him.

"Your brothers defeated you? How, Bhrata?" She question him again.

"THEY ARE NOT MY BROTHERS!!! THEY ARE MY ENEMIES!!!" He shouted on top of his voice.

"They snatched away my kingdom from me. The stole my rights.... Is it too much to ask for the rights that are rightfully yours???" He added, while hitting the ground in frustration.

"The first son of the king is considered to be the next ruler. Now, tell me Bhrata, who is the real king of Hastinapur?" She asked him, her voice confident.

"It's my father." He replied, slightly confused by her question.

"Isn't Maharaj Dhirdhrashtra a temporary king??? Wasn't Maharaj Pandu the officially crowned king??? Now, who is the or who was the real king of Hastinapur?" She spoke, her words crystal clear.

Duryodhan did not answer. His eyes lowered and he sat, examining the ground.

"Deep down you know what's right. You know the reality, the truth. Bhrata, think well answer me, do you really think that Yuvraj's title is rightfully yours?" She questioned him.

"But Maharaj Pandu died. That makes my father the king." He tried to reason.

"Yes, Maharaj Panda died. And that makes Bhrata Yudhishtr the next king." She explained and Duryodhan suddenly stood up.

"Please leave Mridini. I want to be alone." He uttered in a hard tone.

She decided to leave. She knew that her questions left an impact on him. And she also knew that he asked her to leave because he could no longer argue. Karn, Ashwattama and Dusshasen decided to leave too.

Dishita marched towards her room but stopped when she heard someone shout, "Yadavakumari!!!". She turned around, only to find Karna jogging up to her.

Karna wanted to thank her. If not her, he didn't knew how he would calmed Duryodhan. Of course, he was still angry and broken, but now he was calm. And that was all because of her.

"Yes, Angraj...." She spoke, as soon as he stood opposite to her.

"Yadavakumari, thank you." He said with utmost sincerity in his voice. She understood to which he was referring to and smiled.

"He is like a brother to me, Angraj. No need to thank me. It is a sister's duty after all. And, you can call me by my name." She said while giving him a genuine smile. Karn returned the smile.

"And you can call me by my name too." He said while Dishita nodded.

"Since we are on first name basis, are we friends?" She asked, her eyes displaying excitement in becoming his friend. How cool will it be to be a friend of Suryaputr.....

"Of course we are friends, Yad- Mridini." He said and she gave him one more bright smile.

"So, I need some help. Will you do it?" She asked and he nodded.

"Go stay with Bhrata Duryodhan. And don't let him to interact with Gandhar Naresh." Karn was confused but nevertheless he nodded and made his way back to Duryodhan's chamber.

*********

So.... How was the chapter??? Hope you liked it. If you did, then please vote and comment your thoughts.I

Thanks a lot for all your lovely comments in the previous chapter.....

And...... My book has been ranked 1st in Mahabharata!!!! I am literally jumping in happiness!!! Thank you so much for all your love and support....

Love you all...... Stay safe......