Sick Princes

Third person pov

"My child!!!! Where were you the whole day? I was so worried." Shakuni spoke as soon as he spotted Duryodhan entering his chamber.

"I went to picnic, Mamashree" He answered while sitting on the couch. He was so tired after whatever happened today.

"Picnic? Don't tell me that you were with the Pandavas." Shakuni spoke, bewildered with his answer.

"I actually went there for a different reason and ended up staying there with them." Duryodhan reasoned.

"That Yudhishtr has been crowned as Yuvraj and you... accompanied with them to the picnic and celebrating it. Wah...." Shakuni clapped, mocking him.

"I am not celebrating, Mamashree. I spoke harshly with Mridini. I wanted to apologise to her, but she went with them. So I went there." He tried explaining.

"I cannot see the same fire and desire for the throne that you once had in your eyes. What happened?" Shakuni asked and Duryodhan sighed.

"Everything is over, Mamashree. It is better for me to accept the reality and move on." Duryodhan said and Shakuni was beyond shocked hearing him.

"Nothing is over, my child. I can still make you Yuvraj." Shakuni said and Duryodhan again sighed.

"How, Mamashree? Are you going to kill them or something?" Duryodhan asked in a sarcastic way but got shocked beyond everything when Shakuni nodded.

"Yes my child! I am going to kill the Pandavas. I have the perfect plan in my mind this time. We just have to wait for the right time." Shakuni said with a evil smile in his face. Duryodhan's eyes widened. He had already done that once. Now, is he gonna do that again? He didn't know. He was confused.

"After their death, Hastinapur will be yours, Duryodhan. Just yours. You will be crowned as the Yuvraj and after that as the MAHARAJ of Hastinapur!!! But we should wait for the right time, my child. Till then, behave like you have accepted Yudhishtr and you have moved on. Understand?" Shakuni said and Duryodhan nodded.

Shakuni patted his shoulders and left the room. Duryodhan was confused. One part of his brain was yelling that he is doing wrong and the other kept reminding him of his desire to the throne. Her gave a frustrated shout. He laid in his bed, thinking, and eventually sleep took over him.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was early in the morning. Dishita woke up with a bright smile. She had a feeling that today was going to be a great day. She felt more energetic than usual. She quickly took a bath and got ready for the day. She went to the dining hall and found that Maharaj, Mahamahim, Mahamantri and the younger ninety eight Kauravas had already eaten their breakfast, while he rest others summoned breakfast to their own chambers.

She sprinted off to Aditya's room, only to find it empty. She then started to check each and every room, but she could find none. She wondered whether to name this searching of hers as 'Princes Hunt'.... Fed up, she decided to check one last time in Bua Kunti's chamber. When she entered her room, she was beyond shocked to see the scene in front of her!!!!!

All the Princes were curled up in a blanket, sneezing heavily. Their noses red and eyes puffed. She burst into laughter which caught everyone's attention.

"Mridini...*sneeze* stop laughing...." Dau said, which made her laugh more .

"What a scene!!! The most brave warriors of the entire aryavart are sneezing like babies. This day should be marked in history!" She said and laughed again.

"Bhrata Bheem, this is all because of you. I hate you." Nakul said he earned a smack on his head from Bheem.

"I am ill on my first day as Yuvraj! What will Pitamah, Maharaj and Kakashree think of me?" Yudhishtr spoke with guilt in his voice.

"We will not think anything, Putra. Get well soon everyone. The palace seems to be very quiet." Pitamah said, as he and Vidur walked into the room.

"Bhabhishree, how are the kids?" Vidur asked, glancing at everyone.

"Everyone has caught heavy cold, Vidur. They should be bed ridden for at least three days." Kunti said, and everyone groaned.

"But Mata, it is just a cold!!!" Sahadev said followed by a sneeze.

"We will be okay, Mata." Arjun said and Kunti shook her head in denial.

"Quiet kids. Cold is not just a cold. Now all of you must have this. Putri, distribute it to everyone." Kunti handed Dishita a tray, which had some herbal medicine in it.

"But Bua...." Krishna started but was cut off by Kunti.

"Shut up." She said and force fed the medicine to Krishna.

Dishita distributed it to everyone. Yudhishtr, Aditya and Dau obediently had it without any protest. Bheem had the medicine after Kunti promised him a basket of laddoos when he gets okay. Arjun, Nakul and Sahadev gulped it in one go. Duryodhan and Dusshasen were force fed by Dusshala, who was helping Kunti. Ashwattama was no where to be found since morning. Karna sat in a corner, completely submerged into the blankets. He looked very tired than everyone. He too, had the medicine without any protests.

Suddenly Subhadra came running inside.

"Dau, Bhrata!!! You both are really sick right?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

"You behave like *sneeze* you are happy about us being sick!" Krishna asked.

"No, Bhratashree. I am really worried that you both are sick. But at the same time I am happy that we can stay here for a few more days!" She said the first part in a worried tone and the last part in an excited tone.

"You are welcome to stay here how long as you want, putri." Vidur said. Subhadra smiled.

"Hey Narayan!!! Karn, putra, you are burning up. You have fever!!!" Kunti said, panicking.

"Mitr Karna easily catches cold. Staying inside that cold pond was a big mistake. And he stayed in wet clothes for too long. That must be the reason." Duryodhan said worry evident in his voice.

"I am okay." Karna said looking at Duryodhan and Kunti.

"No you are not okay, putra." Kunti said and made him to lie down on the bed.

"Sleep putra. I will wake you up when the medicine for your fever is ready." She said and started to caress Karna's hair. He, surprisingly, relaxed under her touch and drifted off to sleep in no time.

Arjun saw it again. Motherly love and affection for Karna in Kunti's eyes. His brothers did not notice the same that he did. He wouldn't admit it, but he felt a little possessive of his mom.

"Is everyone okay?" Vidushi asked Dishita.

"When did you come here, Vidushi?" Dishita asked, surprised that she didn't notice her arrival.

"Just now." She answered, looking concerned at everyone, her eyes lingering on Aditya for extra two seconds.

"Everyone is fine. Just Angraj has a little fever." Dishita answered, emphasising on 'everyone'.

"Vidushi, Dusshala, Subhadra and Mridini, stay here and take care of all the Princes and help Kunti." Pitamah said and left with Vidur.

Vidushi again glanced at Aditya. This time they shared an eye lock. Arjun elbowed Aditya and coughed a little, breaking their eye lock.

"Now Aditya will get well soon since Vidushi is here. Right Madhav???" Arjun asked, enough for Aditya and Krishna to hear. Aditya turned red at his comment.

"Mark my words, Arjun. One day, I will tease you the same way you do." Aditya said with an angry glare.

"We will see." Arjun said and quietly laughed. His eyes fell on Kunti, who was still caressing Karna's head. He visibly frowned. He had seen enough. He decided to discuss this with his brothers as soon as possible.

**********

Hello everyone.....

Hope you liked the chapter!!! If you did, then please vote and comment your thoughts!!!

HAPPY JANMASHTAMI!!! Eat butter and enjoy your day!!!

Love you all.... Stay safe!