The Fiasco - (II)

The entire chamber of the Mahamahim of Hastinapur was eerily silent except for his granddaughter's weak sobs.

And the said Mahamahim was silently fuming in rage. Only God knows how he managed not to strangle the King of Sindu to death for hurting the literal blessing of Hastinapur.

He knew... He always knew that Sindhuraj was a terrible person. He did everything in his power to not let Dushala marry him. But Dhirtarashtra didn't listen to him. He only listened to Shakuni and his validation of Sindhuraj.

His blood boiled in anger every time he saw his little granddaughter's tear stained and bruised face. It was all because of that good-for-nothing scheming fox, also called as Shakuni. And Shakuni will pay for this. He will make sure of it.

On the other hand, Dhritarashtra stood dumbfounded. He was shocked to hear about Sindhuraj's inappropriate behavior. Sindhuraj was a good man, wasn't he? At least that's what his spy network and Shakuni said to him. But it turns out, Sindhuraj was not completely a good person.

Suddenly, loud thundering sound of foot steps gained everyone's attention. They turned to see Duryodhan walking in, with a strangely neutral look on his face. Dushala's sobs intensified at the sight her oldest brother. Duryodhan, without uttering a word, went and hugged Dushala and caressed her hair softly while muttering a small 'sorry'.

Dishita and Vidushi, who were holding Dushala till now, took several steps back in an attempt to give the siblings some space. From across the room, Dishita could see the Pandavas, particularly and surprisingly Yudhishthir, glaring daggers at Jayadrath, who was squirming under their intense murderous gaze.

Beside the Pandavas, stood Aditya, gently supporting his injured brother, with a slightly proud look on his face. Come on... No matter how immature Adhiraj might act, but today, his brother has protected the honor of a woman. He was indeed proud of his brother.

Shakuni looked around the room, observing the tense atmosphere. He shot a disappointed look towards Jayadrath and sighed when he found the Pandavas and Bhishma fuming at
Jayadrath. There goes his plan of making an alliance with Sindu down in the drains. He was not dumb to defend Jayadrath or something. So he decided to keep his mouth shut.

Suddenly, Jayadrath cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention.

"Maharaj Dhritarashtra, you are clearly insulting me, the king of Sindhu, by making me stand in the middle of a crowd like a criminal." Jayadrath stated loud and clear, make everyone rage at his audacity.

"You people are over dramatizing my actions. I merely wished to spend some quality time with my wife. Is that a crime to do so? " He continued, ignoring every glare that he received in response.

"First of all, Sindhuraj, there is something called as consent. And secondly, Princess Dushala is not your wife, not yet. You had no rights to touch her, especially after she refused your advances. You had assaulted our Princess, Sindhuraj. Which is a CRIME." Yudhishthir, the ever patient one, snapped at Jayadrath, making everyone around him go speechless.

Jayadrath fumbled for a good few seconds hearing the concealed anger evident from Yudhishthir's tone.  Wasn't Yudhishthir the most silent one among all the royals of Hastinapur??? That's what he heard from everyone.

"I am not talking to you, boy. I was talking to your king. " Jayadrath tried to dismiss Yudhishthir casually.

"Sindhuraj.... Yuvraj Yudhishthir has every ounce of right to talk in behalf of Maharaj Dhritarashtra and Hastinapur. " Vidur interjected, his tone sharp like sword.

"And as Yuvraj rightly pointed out, you have assaulted our Princess. We have proof to prove that. And we can punish you for this. " Bhishma spoke, his voice thundering.