The Fiasco - (I)

Dusshala, the ray of sunshine of Hastinapur, was all set to get married to a man that she doesn't love. Jayadrath, in her eyes, was nothing more than a literal stranger. She had no expectations from him or from this marriage to him. She just sincerely hoped that Jayadrath was really a decent human as per her uncle's depiction.

Jayadrath was older than her by at least 14 years. His first wife was found mysteriously dead one morning in her bedroom. After his wife's sudden death, he started sleeping around with multiple women due to grief. These were her uncle's words, not hers. Later, Jayadrath realized his mistake and wished to start his life all over again... He somehow found a portrait of her and fell in love with her. He proposed his wish at the court of Hastinapur and with Mamashree's huge support, Jayadrath managed to convince her father and her oldest brother.

Dusshala knew, that she was willingly entering into hell by saying 'yes' to Jayadrath. But what can she do? She cannot go against her own father or her uncle. Everyone were so happy at thought of her getting married and becoming a queen... She couldn't bear to take that happiness away from them. So she got ready to endure this loveless marriage to a middleaged man with all her heart.

With these thoughts swirling in her mind, Dusshala walked around the palace garden aimlessly. She spotted Vidushi standing under a tree at a distance and decided to hang out with her. But only after she got near her, she realised that Vidushi already had a company. The Yuvraj of Kanchi or in simpler terms, her fiancée, was with her leaning on another tree opposite to her. They both appeared to be talking sincerely with lovesick eyes, so she just took a U-turn and walked away in the opposite direction.

Vidushi and Yuvraj Aditya were made for each other. Anybody can see that. And honestly speaking, she sort of envied Vidushi. No, she was not jealous of her. She was really very happy for her sister. But she just envied her luck. Finding the one who's made for you is not easy at all. One needs to be graciously blessed by the almighty to be able to find their better half AND get married to them. But unfortunately, she wasn't as blessed as Vidushi.

Her feet took her towards her chamber. Due to her clouded mind, Dusshala failed to notice the lack of soldiers in the corridor leading to her room and even her personal guards who were always outside her room were missing today.

Dusshala entered her chamber and stopped short once she realized that her room was unusually dark. It wasn't anywhere near sunset time either and her room was always illuminated.

Her mind screamed that something was very wrong.

----------------------------------------------------

Adhiraj bonded with the Pandavas in no time, much like his brother Aditya. He and Rajkumar Nakul in particular, were literally like two peas in a pod. They both bonded over in almost every thing starting with their love for swords to troubling their elder brother. And Arjun wanted to hit his head on a pillar seeing the two bond. Because.... One Nakul was enough to keep him on his toes. He certainly did not want another. And, having two Yudhishtra's was bad enough already.

Speaking of Yudhishtra, that guy was hopelessly crushing on Shivi Kumari Devika. To Arjun, his jyesht's so called crush was almost like a Deja'Vu . Because, the exact same thing happened with Aditya. That dumb Yuvraj of Kanchi was vehemently denying his love for Vidushi for so many weeks saying that it was just a crush, before finally accepting it. Now his jyesht was doing the exact same thing.

And speaking of crush, Arjun suspected that Dishita kinda, sorta had a liking for Jyesht Karn. He wasn't, however, very sure about his suspicion. It might be just plain admiration too. But Arjun hoped that it was true because he knows that Karn and Dishita would make a damn good couple... Only if his jyesht reciprocated the feeling, ofcourse.