Arjun Attempts To Apologize

Third person pov

"Attention please!" Nakul shouted, climbing on the bed. He started clanking a plate and a spoon to gain everyone's attention.

"Nakul!!!" Yudhishtir, Bheem, Arjun and Sahadev shouted in unison and Nakul immediately stoped clanking.

"What do you want?" Bheem asked in a irritated tone.

"I want to make an announcement." Nakul said making others roll their eyes.

"We don't have time to hear your stupid announcements." Arjun said to which Sahadev nodded.

"Please hear na Bhrata... You will love it!" Nakul said in a pleading tone.

"Okay Nakul, tell us." Yudhishtir signalled him to continue. Nakul smiled.

"Ahem...." Nakul fake cleared his throat with made Sahadev roll his eyes.

"My dear audience!" He started and it was Bheem's turn to roll his eyes.

"I, the beloved son of the Ashwini Kumaras, the obedient brother of Jyesht Yudhishtir, the favourite son of Mata Kunti, the dream boy of all girls of aryavart, the best friend of all animals, hereby declare myself to be the first among the Pandavas to hug Jyesht Karn!!!!" Nakul announced and everyone's jaw dropped.

Silence. Complete silence in the room.

"And not only that, I am the first among the Pandavas to become Jyesht Karn's friend!!!" He continued and the laddoo in Bheem's hand dropped.

Everyone blinked, unable to believe the words said by Nakul.

"How?" Sahadev was the first one to come out the shock.

Nakul explained what happened. The Pandavas were both shocked and happy.

But Arjun got a little jealous. All his attempts to speak with Karn since morning failed drastically. But Nakul HUGGED him and became his FRIEND in no time!!!

The attempts made by Arjun are as follows:

*Flashback*

Attempt 1:

Karn was doing his morning prayers to the sun god, standing in the banks of River Ganga.

Arjun reached there by coincidence. He was having a walk in the early morning and somehow reached there.

He quietly stood near him (at a distance of 20 to 30 metres) and watched Karn pray with complete devotion and concentration.

'Alright Arjun, when he completes his prayer, go to him and apologize quickly. Angraj is a good man, he will understand.' Arjun said to himself.

He started to rehearse the dialogues which he wanted to say to Karn.

By the time he completed his rehearsals, Karn was no where to be found!

---------

Karn completed his prayers. He looked around and saw Arjun.... talking to himself???

'Is he mad?' Karn thought.

'Probably he is. No sane person will talk to themselves.' Karn tried to convince himself.

'Poor guy. Should I speak to him? No no, he seems to be in a deep conversation with himself. I should not disturb him.' Karn decided and left the place quietly.

=========

Attempt 2:

The Royal family was having their breakfast. Arjun purposefully sat opposite to Karn.

Karn sensed like someone looking at him. He looked around and found Arjun... glaring at him? No no, that wasn't a glare, it was look filled with...regret? He didn't know.

Arjun smiled brightly when he saw Karn looking at him. And guess what happened, Karn choked on his food!

Duryodhan offered Karn water. Karn drank it and left the place immediately making Arjun frown.

=========

Attempt 3:

The Princes of Hastinapur were practicing. Arjun spotted Karn on the Kaurvas side, shooting arrow after arrow.

Arjun took a deep breath. This time, he was determined to speak with Karn.

He approached him and cleared his throat, gaining Karn's attention.

Both stood under awkward silence. Karn was the first one to break it.

"Arjun... You want something???" Karn asked in a unsure voice.

"No... I mean Yes." Arjun stammered.

"What is it?" Karn asked, completely confused.

"That is.... Ya.. My bow! There is something wrong with it. Could you please check it once?" Arjun said and mentally slapped himself. He was sure that Karn would have declared him mad.

"Sure." Karn said and checked Arjun's bow. To his surprise, the bow was in perfect condition.

"Arjun... the bow is perfect." Karn said looking at Arjun. Confusion was plastered in Karn's face.

"Ohh... Thank you Angraj." With that, Arjun ran out the training grounds.

=========

*Flashback ends*

Arjun sighed. Maybe luck wasn't in his side. He decided to ask some tips from Nakul!

*********

So... Double update today. I know, I am very good.

Hope you liked it!!!

Please do vote and comment your thoughts!!!

And... Who is your favourite character? Let me know!!!

And, thanks a lot for all your lovely comments on the previous chapter!

Love you all! Stay safe!