Clash of Swords

Dishita's pov

Yesterday, Aditya was really pissed off after knowing about my encounter with Duryodhan. He was so mad that he took his gun and started to go towards Duryodhan's room! If Dau did not intervene at the right time, only god knows what would have happened.

It still don't get what made him to over react like this. I agree that he is a bad guy, but yesterday he did not do anything bad. He just gave me Mangoes! Protectiveness of Aditya crossed all its limits yesterday.

I am very angry on him. I am avoiding him since morning and he's following me everywhere I go, apologising. I already accepted his apologies but I am not going to tell him this. Let him run behind me the whole day..... as a punishment.

Currently, Dushala is giving me a tour of the palace. Subhadra too tagged along with us.

"And this is the training grounds." She spoke as she pointed towards a huge, very huge ground.

Woah!!! I did not expect the training arena to be this huge!!!

"Jiji is going to love this place." Subhadra commented. I am already loving it!!!

I can also spot many princes practising with different kinds of weapons. At a distance, I can spot five men practising separately from the others. The Pandavas!!!

They stoped their practise once they saw us. They motioned us to join them.

"Gudiya!!! Want to join us? We would love to see your skills!" Prince Bheem spoke in his booming voice. Oh god! What will I do now?

"Of course she will." Before I could speak, I heard Bhratashree's voice answering from behind. What is he doing!!! How can I fight with them???

I turned to face him. He had a sweet smile plastered on his face. Beside him stood Dau and Aditya. Aadhi, upon meeting my gaze, cast his head down. He is still feeling guilty.

'Don't worry, you will be alright.' His voice assured me.

"Then grab it!!!" Prince Arjun threw a sword and I caught it.

This sword is a way more heavier than a fencing sword of my time!!! How am I going to manage???

"Aditya will spare with you." Bhratashree spoke and I sighed in relief.

The gave me an armour which is damn heavy!!! Why is everything so heavy in this era?

'Show off your fencing skills. You will do great.' I heard bhratashree's voice again. I gave him a small smile.

I positioned my sword and so did he. And the duel began. Our swords clashed creating a roar of thunder. Very soon, the other princes including Duryodhan, gathered around to witness our duel.

Our duel went on for a long time. We were equals. We know each others' move perfectly. He knows my way of attacking and knows how to counter-attack it. And it is the same the other way round.

The duel went on, neither of us gained the upper hand. This is going to be one of the fiercest sparring we had ever done.

Through my peripheral vision, I can spot Mahamahim Bhishma and Mahamantri Vidur along with Rani Kunti. All the spectators were damn silent, the only sound was of our swords clashing.

The duel seemed to be endless. That's it!!! It is stretching on and on. It decided to end this by using his weakness. His 'only' weakness in a fencing fight. The Passata Sotto move.
I made the move and flicked off his sword when he stumbled.

His sword fell on the ground and he smiled. I smiled back. The only way to defeat Aditya in fencing is using the Passata Sotto move. Otherwise, defeating him is near to impossible.

I looked around, only to witness that everyone were awestruck seeing our duel.

"That was an intense battle, Mridini." Prince Arjun was the first one to break the eerie silence.

"Indeed. We never expected this." Prince Bheem spoke, amusement clear in his voice.

"Teach me your moves, didi. Especially the last one." Nakul asked in an excited tone.

"I am so proud of you, putri. You are a valiant warrior." Rain Kunti said, patting my head.

"You are a great warrior, putri." Mahamantri Vidur appreciated me.

"Vidur is right. You are an invincible warrior, putri." Mahamahim praised me.

Okay....Now I feel awkward. I can't handle too much praising. In fact I hate if someone praises me too much. Whenever I receive too much praise, it just never felt right to me. I strongly believe that too much praise is a curse in disguise.

Moreover, Aadhi was also good. Why isn't anybody praising him???

"Both are extremely good warriors." Bhratashree spoke. I guess he read my mind.

"That's true. Even though Yuvraj Aditya specializes in Archery, he nailed sword fighting." Yuvraj Yudhistra commented.

Aditya gave him a small smile.

"The way you both fought was different and fierce." Sahadev said and I gave him a nervous smile.

Suddenly a girl around my age or probably younger, interrupted the praising session. She was wearing royal clothes with heavy jewellery. She looks so beautiful. Is she a princess? As far as I remember, Dushala was the only princess of Hastinapur. Then who is she? She said 'Pranipat' to the elders and turned towards Mahamantri.

"Pitashree, mata wants to meet you immediately." She said. Wait.......is she his daughter??? Mahamantri excused himself and went with her.

"Okay everyone. Enough of praising. Everyone get fresh and come for lunch." Rani Kunti shooed everyone to their chambers.

I walked towards my chamber with bhratashree, Dau and Aditya by my side.

"So....did you forgive me?" Aditya asked me in a hopeful tone.

"Hmm.....I forgive you if you keep that stupid anger of yours in control." I said in a stern voice. He nodded his head vigorously in affirmation.

"Mridini, you didn't notice something in the training ground today." Bhratashree spoke with a hint of mischief in his voice.

"Did I? What was it? Is that something important?" I asked trying to remember whether something important took place.

"You just missed the beginning of something where something conquers something and something had been made for a lifetime. The something which had started is going to be something important in your's and Aditya's life. But, unfortunately you didn't notice that something's beginning." Bhratashree spoke with fake worry in his voice.

I guess he said something, but I understood nothing. Why did he use that many somethings? I know he is implying on something, but I don't actually get what he is trying to say. I looked at Aditya. His face was expressionless. And Dau and Bhratashree hi-fied. Wait..... I think Aditya knew something about that something.

I will ask him later about it. Right now, I am so hungry after that duel.

But little did I know that the 'something' is going to have a great impact in our lives.

********

Hello everyone......

Here goes the next chapter. I am sorry for the delay.

Hope you liked the chapter. If you did, then please vote and comment your thoughts.

So, do you have any guesses about that 'something '??? Let me know....

The Passata Sotto is an evasive movement with a twist. Evade your opponent's attack but dropping your body beneath his or her weapon, placing your free hand on the ground for support and balance. As the opponent looms over, straighten your sword arm and attempt to stab your adversary. (The definition I found for Passata Sotto in Google.)

Thank you......