Karna & Arjun

Third person pov

Arjun stormed out of the room, wiping away his tears. He was broken, angry, frustrated and helpless. He didn't know what to do so he just came out the room. Now, he was walking where his legs took him.

He could hear Aditya asking him to stop. But he couldn't. Right now he needed space.

"Aditya... please. I want some space. Don't come behind me." Arjun uttered, his tone sounding fragile. He just ran out of Aditya's sight.

Aditya was in a fix. Should he follow him? He can understand his inner turmoil but at the same time, he was afraid. Afraid that Arjun might do something. He decided to follow Arjun and keep him under his watch.

Arjun was running in the corridor but suddenly came to a halt when he saw him. His eldest brother.

Angraj Karn or Jyesht Karn, was plucking fruits with Duryodhan. Arjun just froze. Did he just think Jyesht Karn???

Duryodhan was on the tree and plucking fruits while Karn was standing under it and catching them in the basket.

Arjun watched it. His rivalry with Karn flashed before his eyes.

Arjun's eyes teared up. He tried to stop crying but all in vain. He cried involuntarily.

Karn was catching the fruits in his baskets. He felt like someone looking at him. He turned around to find Arjun.... crying? Why is he crying? Did someone reject his marriage proposal???

He saw Arjun running away looking at him. Now what happened? Did that girl say he loves him instead of Arjun? Jokes apart... but Karn seriously felt worried. Arjun looked so vulnerable. Yes, Arjun was his enemy, but still....

"Mitr, you carry on. I have some work. I will come back in a flash." He informed Duryodhan and walked to place where he knew Arjun would be.

As expected, Arjun was crying, sitting alone in the Archery arena.

Karn did knew why, but he felt bad seeing Arjun's broken state. He went and sat beside Arjun, who looked at him with shock plastered in his puffy face.

"What are you doing here Ang-Angraj?" Arjun asked, trying to sound bold like usual but failed miserably.

"Why are you crying like your world collapsed?" Karn asked back, facing Arjun.

"No-Nothing Angraj..." Arjun tried to refuse but Karn gave him a it-is-apparent-that-you-are-lying look.

"I... I just found something... which shattered my heart." Arjun uttered looking at the ground.

"What? Did you finally realise that I am more handsome than you?" Karn asked with a laugh and Arjun glared at him.

"In your dreams Angraj... The whole world knows that I am more handsome." Arjun spoke irritated by his laugh. He totally forgot that he was crying seconds ago.

"Nah... sorry to demolish your castles, but I am more handsome." Karn stated with confidence.

Arjun frowned. How dare is he to call himself more handsome?

"Even yesterday I received a love letter from the princess of XYZ kingdom." Arjun stated. I was a lie, but still he should have something to argue next right?

"Just a letter? Yesterday a beautiful girl confessed her love to me." Karn replied and it was again a lie too. He couldn't lose in this battle.

Aditya watched all this from a distance. Now he knew for sure that Arjun will be alright. So he made his way back to Kunti's chamber.

The duo started to bicker sincerely  about who is more handsome. After some half an hour or so, Arjun ran out of arguements. So he decided to walk out of the place. He had completely forgot why he came here in the first place.

Arjun got up and started to march out of the place. He faked anger in his moments.

"Arjun." Karn called him and he immediately stopped.

"It's not nice for a warrior to break down. Whatever it may be, let it out. And remember, everything that happens is for our own good. Accept it and life will be beautiful." Karn spoke in a damn serious tone.

Arjun gave him a slight nod with a tight smile. "Thank you Angraj. For everything." He said and made his way back to Kunti's chamber.

"Kid." Karn whispered to himself and made his way back to the gardens and resumed the fruits plucking session.

***********

So... How was it?

Hope you liked it. If you did then please do vote and comment your thoughts.

Love you all!!! Stay safe!!!