xxxxviii • i'll protect you

☯︎︎

☯︎︎

(Name)'s grip on Eri was tight, so was Eri's on them, the little girl's teardrops met with (Name)'s uniform jacket, but (Name) could care less. "Why can't you just let Eri live life like a seven year old should?" They asked, the small girl in their arms whimpered. (Name) started running their fingers through Eri's blue hair.

(Name)'s white eye glowed, Eri began to calm down, but she was still in fear. The two men, Overhaul and Shigiraki, who're looking at (Name) and Eri, none of them taking their eyes off of the two. (Name) had thought of something, their white eye glew some more, black wings coming out of their back.

"Eri, hold on tight. I promise that I will not go you go." (Name) assured the little girl, they took off their U.A. uniform button-up off, wrapping it around Eri. "I promise."

(Name) took the risk to fly out of there, Eri in their arms, Overhaul was not going to loose Eri, the child that had given him fortune. The individual flew out as fast as they could, but it wasn't fast enough, Overhaul had been able to touch (Name)'s lower leg, he had activated his Quirk, which destroyed their lower leg, her lower leg was missing, blood was gushing out.

"Yin-Yang!" Eri called out to (Name). Pain, it was all they felt, they almost dropped Eri, but they knew they couldn't, (Name) screams in pain, the child in their arms scared for (Name)'s well-being. "Are you.. are you okay?"

(Name) looked over at Eri, nodding. "We'll.. be okay." (Name) says, all while they grunt in pain, "Hon, if I tell you to run, you need to run.."

"[any label], please.. please.." Eri begs for (Name) to stand up and run, Eri's red eyes have teardrops running down them. She wraps her small arms around (Name), who begins to stand up, "You can't, please don't."

"I will stay behind and do everything I can to get you out." (Name) says, "No one deserves to be used in the way that Overhaul is using you."

"I can't let you stay behind because.." Eri starts crying, "I'm just a monster."

"No, you're not! You deserve to be a normal seven year-old, not a test subject!" (Name) says, "You're getting out of here, today."

(Name)'s white eye glowed, a substitute leg grew in place of their missing lower half. They got up and ran with Eri, Overhaul coming around the corner, meaning for the individual to run faster.

The two were trying to get out of Overhaul's hideout, (Name)'s lower leg was missing, the only ways they could get away was flight or growing a substitute leg. They needed help, but brhw couldn't ask Eri for help because they didn't want the little girl to be even more panicked than she already was. (Name) had stopped when they thought the two of them were safe, hiding behind a couple of miscellaneous items.

"Eri, I'm going to call someone. I promise to you that they'll help you and I get out of here, he'll bring people to save us." (Name) says, they starts to being out her phone, but she feels something wrap around her leg. Their eyes look over at Eri wrapping her own bandages around (Name)'s remaining half-leg, "Eri.. I-I could've wrapped my sock around it.."

(Name) slightly grunts in pain, Eri's tiny hands interlock with (Name)'s. "But.. you've got hurt because of me, it's my fault that.. that you lost half of your leg." The little girl says, putting her head in (Name)'s chest. (Name) rubs Eri's back, trying to comfort her.

"Eri, I'm.. argh.. not going to blame.. you for this. We need to be quiet for a little.. bit." (Name) says, their voice gentle, they pull out their phone, begins to scroll through it, and they put it to her ear. It was dead silent in the room, a 'hello' could be heard from the other line, "Dad?"

"(Name), where the hell are you?"

"You don't have to believe me, but remember that work study I went to with.. Izuku? Well, during that trip we encountered.. a head of a yakuza, and somehow he was able.. to lure me into his hideout, good news, I've been able to.. save a girl, bad news is.. I uh, I'm missing half of my left leg."

"You've lost half of your leg..?
(Name), that is nothing to joke around about. You're not in the building?"

"I'm not.. augh.. I'm not joking either, but.. just listen to.. gah.. me, the girl that.. I've safed.. she has a powerful quirk, and it's being used for horrible things. I can't really.. explain right now.. because I can't really make much noise, all I-I need from you is to help me."

"(Name), when I see you, you're not going to leave my side, that girl needs to be in your eyesight if she has that type of quirk.."

"That's what I am doing, just bring the heroes, please. We've been planning on saving her for a while now, that's why we were asked to meet up with those other heroes."

"..(Name), promise me.. promise me you won't let anything else happen to you?"

"Uh-huh.."

"..I love you."

"Love you too, dad."

The phone call ended, (Name) had accidentally let out a grunt, Eri's big red eyes look at them, "I know it hurts, but I know you'll be okay." Eri says, she gives (Name) a look of reassurance. (Name) had given her a smile, trying to hold back their tears of pain.

"I should be saying that to you." (Name) says, "You're a strong girl, you know that?"

Eri nods with a small smile, but she looks at (Name)'s leg, the bandage was already bloody, Eri didn't know what else to do. But, (Name) saw the look of regret in those red eyes, they told Eri that the choice was hers to try to fly away, and it was okay. They could learn how to walk again, they wouldn't mind.

"But, please listen to me, Eri, after this I promise you, nothing bad will happen to you because me, along with other people will protect you, no matter what, even with a leg and a half."

———

YESSSS