Chapter 24

"Kenma wait!"

You shout and run to the direction he went. You look around but you can't see him. You run up the stairs but you still can't see the boy with a pudding head.

"Where the hell is he?"

You stop for a minute and then decide to go out in the school yard to breathe in some fresh air. Your heart pounds like crazy and you feel powerless. You open the front door of the school and go towards the bench to sit down.

"This school is big  but why am I so bad at directions? Where did he disappear so fast? Why am I loser huh? Answer me F/N why are you loser?"

"Meow"

A sudden voice stops you to scold yourself in your mind. You look down and see a cat which is standing in front of you and watches you.

"Oh hello fluffy one" you smile and bend towards the cat. The cat doesn't move but sits on the ground.

"You look so familiar. Have I seen you before?"

The cat stands and meows.

"Was that an answer? I'm so sorry that I don't understand what you are saying. I'm too desperate right now"

The cat looks at you again, meows and goes in certain direction.

"Wait, I was talking to you."

You say and follow him. The cat starts to walk faster and you almost start running towards him.

He goes behind the school building. In the end he climbs a tree, jumps from it over the railings and disappears.

"Great! I have lost sight of two things today - firstly Kenma and then this cat. What a lucky day" You sigh.

"Well... I'm here"

You hear a voice of the boy you have been searching for. You look around and see him sitting under the tree on the ground. You see his back not his face. He stands up and turns to you.

Now you two are facing each other. You forget everything you wanted to say and the reason why you wanted to see him. You don't hear the bell ring in the school building and the students loud laughs. You can't even feel the breeze which messes your hair. The only thing you see is Kenma whose gaze makes you to look away and tense.

"It's my time to say something. Say something F/N. Just say anything you mute b*tch" you still continue to have conversations with yourself.

"I..."

Finally you stutter out a word.

"Good girl. Well done. Now continue, you can do this." Your inner voice tells you.

"Want you to know that..."

Kenma steps in your direction.

"The thing you said earlier is true"

You finally say it! You feel relieved but also frightened because you don't know how Kenma will respond. He is standing three steps from you and watching you confused.

"I'm sorry but what did you say?" 

He says with a blank expression. Your heart starts pounding even more.

"I said that you were right before. I like you!"

You almost shout these words. You are too afraid to look at Kenma but you want to know what his expression looks like. However, you still can't raise your head. The only thing you hear is silence and your heart's voice which is going to rip in two pieces. Gradually, you feel water filling yous eyes and your cheeks getting wet.

But there is something else you feel in a second. Someone has his arms over you and hugging you tightly. You smell familiar scent.

What? Someone? No it's Kenma and he embraces you so softly but so tightly that he squeezes your bad thoughts.

You also put your petite hands on him and feel yourself relieved.

"Today night we are going to have a walk and I will ask you one thing" he says near your ear, making your heart flutter "the moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?"

You smile and raise your head in order to reach his ear.

"And I'm gonna answer" you whisper in his ear "it is"

***
Author note: ESSENTIAL! for those who don't know:  in Japan it is a confession when someone asks you "the moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?" It is regarded as a poetic way of expressing feelings.