(3) Where The Hell Am I?

You can read ahead of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, and many more stories

You can read ahead of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Hello, gorgeous." — Funny Girl, 1968

Word count: 2805  

IT felt as if I was flying

My hair whooshed everywhere violently. I could see a beautiful blue sky that was familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time.

Gravity was pushing my body down to the ground harshly. I knew that landing would be extremely painful.

Yet, in this short moment, I let myself feel nothing else but pure bliss. I had never felt so free and alive before. In my kingdom, I was always confined by some law or norm. However, falling from the sky, there was not a single person around. It was just me, myself, and I.

The impact was bone-crushing. Literally.

An agonizing scream passed through my lips along with the most painful feeling in my entire body. It was otherworldly.

I knew my healing abilities would come into effect any moment now but whilst I waited, I couldn't think of anything but the collision. How far had I fallen? And why was I falling in the first place?

The last thing I could remember was the lake. I had been bewitched by something. There was no other explanation for it. My mind wasn't in control of my body. Something else was.

The lake called to me so softly. It was like a sweet and tender lullaby. It was enriching and so enchanting. I couldn't stop myself — I let it control me.

And then, just as I touched the water, the spell was broken. By then though, it was too late. It already had me in its clutches. It whisked me away and made my mind blackout.

Fifteen minutes. That was how long it took for my body to heal and recover. Whilst it healed, I had plenty of time to ponder over many theories. Did the twins plant some sort of trick? I wouldn't put it past them...