(43) The Luna And The Beta

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Louis, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship." — Casablanca, 1942

Word count: 1780

TO wake up after believing you had died, was disorientating

I sat upright quickly, breathing hard. I could sense everything and nothing at once. My body hummed and my throat felt closed up as if I had an allergic reaction to something. 

I was aware I was lying on an uncomfortable bed. 

Frazzled, I slipped out of bed and took in my surroundings. I should be wondering how the hell I'm awake right now — questioning whether this was another dream or it was reality. 

The dream flashed in my eyes and I realized I hadn't seen Gabriel yet. Where was he? Did he save me? 

Lying on the floor in wolf form was Blade, covered in blood. Gasping, I rushed to his side, falling to my knees. 

My hand located his pulse and my eyes widened at how slow it was. What had happened? 

"Blade?" I called his name, shakily. Gabriel's Beta had started to grow on me once he found out who I was. He no longer glared at me and I no longer scowled back at him. I didn't wish him any ill will and I respected him for being loyal to Gabriel. 

Gabriel couldn't lose him. 

Reigning in my hectic emotions, I placed my hands on Blade's chest and fluttered my eyes closed. 

The magic I was about to use was borderline dangerous and if I cast it wrong, I could delve into darker magic. I shouldn't be doing this well, let alone after I just woke up from a death-like slumber. 

Jacob had once taught me how to use this spell — in case I ever needed to use it (which I didn't until now). Light Fae had the ability to heal — a gift that Dark Fae couldn't do — but the cost could sometimes be great. It was why few Fae did it. The toll on the caster could be catastrophic.