(8) Wound Me

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You have to get lost before you find yourself." — Paper Towns, 2015

Word count: 2377

OVER the next few days, I studied the book and spent a few hours with Sabrina

OVER the next few days, I studied the book and spent a few hours with Sabrina. She was started to be friendly with me after our talk at the training grounds. She could see I had no idea why the Alpha let me stay but that I was determined to find out before I left.

The pack members never eased around me but less of them appeared hostile.

Even Carrie, the girl who cleaned my room, stopped scowling at me. It was an improvement.

It had been a week since I first arrived here and I felt bold enough to venture out into the woods, towards the lake I first appeared at.

Finding it was difficult. I couldn't recall the path Beta Blade had dragged me through and so it was a case of trial and error.

Forty-five minutes later, I accidentally stumbled to it, nearly face planting the water. Somehow, I was less agile and elegant here.

Mother would certainly disapprove.

I hoped I would detect some type of magical traces so that I could discover how I landed here. Yet, there wasn't a single spot of it. It was almost like somebody had wiped the whole area clean.

During my second week at this pack, I was informed by Sabrina that there was going to be a party for the former head warrior's daughter who was returning from Louisiana. Apparently, Eden had been favored to be the Luna of this pack after Alpha Gabriel declared he would never accept his mate.

Alpha Gabriel and Eden had a relationship before she left for her Aunt's house.

Now, she was returning for her twenty-first birthday.

When she told me this, I utter rage towards her. I hated that she was close to Alpha Gabriel.

I had no idea why—and I really couldn't talk, I had had many partners.