(39) Meet Me In My Dreams

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Here's looking at you, kid." — Casablanca, 1942

Word count: 

I was lying comfortably in bed

The sun's soft rays filtered into the room and highlighted the person beside me. His soft snores were music to my ears. 

Smiling in contentment, I simply watched his sleeping face. In hindsight, it was probably extremely creepy but I didn't care. 

He looked so peaceful. It was a rare sight to see. There were no worry lines, no anger in his eyes. His breathing was normal and calm. 

Resting my face on my hand, I felt for the first time in my life that things were going great. 

I was where we wanted to be. I had finally found my αδελφή ψυχή. I had a group of friends with who I was close to. I had a purpose in my life. 

Nothing could destroy that. 

Gabriel stirred in bed, groaning. He slowly peeled his eyes open and blinked a few times. 

"Good morning," I greeted in a joyful voice. 

He cleared his throat and stretched his neck. His grey orbs were still hazy as he was still waking up. 

I could get used to waking up like this. With him.

"That was the best night's sleep," He commented, drowsily. I chuckled at his tone, finding it endearing and adorable. I wouldn't tell him that though — it would only end in me hurting his ego.

I flickered my gaze to the clock by his nightstand and nearly gasped at the time. It was nearly nine in the morning. Normally, we'd be training at this time. 

"Oh, shit, we've got training," I exclaimed, throwing the warm duvet off my body. 

To my utter surprise, Gabriel chuckled at my antics and flicked the duvet back on me. Puzzled by his behavior, I shot him a look.