(33) Eden's Past

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you." — Brahm Stokers Dracula, 1992

Word count: 2410

THE next morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day

Stretching and yawning, I tilted my head to the side and saw Gabriel sleeping peacefully still. His arm was still anchored over my waist as if he was protecting me. 

A content smile slipped onto my face at the sight of him. He looked so blissful, undisturbed by the stresses of the world. I wished he could stay like this forever. 

I managed to slide out of his grip and tiptoe to his bathroom where I relieved myself. By the time I returned, Gabriel was stirring. 

Leaning against his door frame, I greeted him in his clothing and a cheeky smile. 

"Hey, stranger." 

He sat up, his grey eyes immediately drinking me in. The look of desire in his eyes was evident. He might have just woken up but that didn't stop him from wanting to devour me. 

"Liberty," He said my name in his rough voice. It was his morning voice and boy, did it sound good. 

"How did you sleep?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. I noticed how his eyes kept drifting up and down my body, lingering on my legs. 

I refrained from smiling. 

"I think that was the best sleep I had ever had," He admitted, combing his dark hair back. 

It was the same for me. I don't think I had ever slept as well. 

"Good. I'm going to head down for breakfast. You should stay here and get some more sleep," I advised, frowning at the bags still under his eyes. 

"I don't need any more sleep," He argued. 

I shook my head, not taking no for an answer. "You might not need sleep but you need rest. Spend your morning in bed, Gabriel."