(38) Falling From Grace

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Death is what gives life meaning. To know your days are numbered. Your time is short." — Doctor Strange, 2016 

Word count: 2570

BY the time I made it to the pack house —thanks to Gabriel dragging me — I snapped out of my thought process

The word assassinate circled in my mind. The more I said it in my head, the more I believed it. Gale wasn't lying — there was no deceit in her eyes. 

She was telling the truth. She had heard Delta-Moon confirm they planned to kill Gabriel. 

"Alpha! Alpha!" An old woman called Gabriel's name, pushing her way through the crowd. She was one of the elders of the pack — a very respected woman. I hadn't had a conversation with her yet. 

Gabriel immediately stopped and gave her his full attention. 

I stared into her eyes and saw nothing but pure joy. Not concern or fear. 

"Yes, Mrs. Jacobson?" He asked as Gomez wandered off. Blade was the only one who stayed with us. 

"They're born! Lani gave birth to the twins!" She informed us, grinning happily. 

Gabriel's exterior softened. The birth of pups was nothing extravagant in the werewolf world. But the birth of twins definitely was. I assumed Mrs. Jacobson was the grandmother of the twins. She was probably worried her daughter, Lani, would never survive. Mothers rarely did survive. 

What must have been worse was the rogue attack. The stress must have caused Lani to go into labor. 

"That is wonderful news," Gabriel said, genuinely pleased. "I think we'll hold a celebration tonight in honor of the birth of the twins." 

Mrs. Jacobson smiled gratefully. It was nice to see such an older lady so bubbly and happy. She looked young. 

"Oh, thank you, Alpha Gabriel."