(13) That's Life

The song above is That's Life by Frank Sinatra

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"After all, tomorrow is another day" — Gone With The Wind, 1939

Word count: 2873

MORPHEUS never used to be so serious

Before he was King, he was mischievous. He would never overthink doing anything. He went with what his heart wanted.

Now, it was his brain that made the decisions for him. I couldn't remember the last time he smiled. It must have been years ago. 

There was always a stoic expression on his face. The only way I could see he was released to see me was by the softness in his eyes. 

I hugged him for so long, relishing in his presence. It felt like centuries since I last saw him. 

"Brother," I muttered into his shoulder, sighing in content. Sure, I missed my brothers but I truly had no idea how much I missed them until now. 

When I pulled away, he stared at me with an indecipherable glint in his green eyes. 

"Libby, how can you do this to us? Do you know how worried we've been?" He suddenly yelled, inching away from me. Anger was clear in his voice. 

My mouth hung open in shock. I should have expected him to shout at me though. I had done something incredibly reckless. I could have caused a war. 

"I—" Was all I could say as shame flowed through me. I believed I knew the consequences but as I stared at my older brother now, I realized I hadn't truly thought about them. I had put my people in trouble too. What I had done reflected my kingdom too. 

"How can you be so selfish?" He asked, looking at me like he didn't recognize me. That truly stung. 

"Please, brother. You have to und —"