(27) In My Head

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you." — Dirty Dancing, 1987

Word count: 2975

TEA was awkward.

I sat at Gabriel's table — at his insistence — with my two older brothers and Blade. I could feel the pack's burning eyes on my form. I didn't have to tune into their conversations to know what they were talking about.

Why is the half-witch sitting with the Alpha? I thought he was going to kick her out.

They were probably also wondering who the two ethereal men were. Does Morpheus even care about our secret getting out? Because the pack is going to have questions — questions we won't be able to brush off.

What does father think of this?

Surely he wouldn't be happy with this turn of events. Then again, he was always so supportive of me.

Gabriel's grey eyes were honed in on me. He wouldn't look away from me, no matter how much I wanted him to. My brothers were sat next to each other, casually eating their food.

Their green eyes darted between my mate and me. Everyone else in the pack seemed equally confused by the strangers.

"So, what are your training plans?" Jacob asked Gabriel, munching on his food.

This was a test. He wanted to know what Gabriel's strategy was so that he could make an evaluation of what kind of person Gabriel was.

"Jacob," I warned in a low voice, squinting my eyes.

Jacob rolled his eyes, refusing to back down. "Libby, he didn't want you. I need to know if his feelings have changed."

I glanced at Gabriel, who remained cool and calm. His grey eyes remained on Jacob, exuding confidence. He didn't seem affected by my brothers at all — was he remaining strong and stoic to impress them or was he really unaffected? I liked to think the latter.