(31) Don't Look Back In Anger

The song above is Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." — Moulin Rouge, 2001

Word count: 2020

MY feet landed on the soft grass and I wobbled, momentarily disorientated

MY feet landed on the soft grass and I wobbled, momentarily disorientated. I had managed to teleport somehow. It was not like a usual teleport — where I had to conjure up a portal. I simply thought of the place I wanted to go to and I appeared. 

All I knew was that I had to get away for a moment and breathe. 

What I saw would be stuck in my brain for a long time. I had walked past the room, searching for Gabriel when I suddenly witnessed the kiss. 

It was tremendously painful to watch. The small gasp that had escaped my lips let had reveal my appearance. 

His guilt-stricken face would also be etched in my mind forever. I had never seen a man more regretful in his entire life. 

Getting away for a moment was what I needed. I needed to get some air and think things over. 

The only place I could think of that was far away was the small patch of grass I had fallen onto. It was the first place I saw when I arrived and held some sort of familiarity and safety for me. I could recall the agonizing pain I felt when I had crash landed. The drop was long. 

To this day, I still didn't know why I was teleported to Earth. It was as if the gods themselves knew I needed to get away and so they entranced me to the lake. Perhaps that was the truth. At this point, I'd believe anything. 

Kneeling onto the grass, I touched the dirt and fluttered my eyes closed. I could hear the forest around me with my hands digging into the soil. 

It whistled and breathed fluently. There weren't any human emotions. No, nature felt differently.