(28) Training

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I wanted it to be you, I wanted it to be you so badly." — You've Got Mail, 1998

Word count: 2220

THE next day, I went to the training grounds with my brothers.

My brother's appearance was still a ground-breaking thing for the pack. Everyone was now wondering what was happening and why the Alpha was letting newcomers in.

I completely understood their confusion and hoped Gabriel would reveal the truth soon. He told me earlier this morning he didn't want any of us to tell his pack who we were until later. For now, they were only allowed to know that Delta-Moon was planning to attack soon. We fabricated a small lie that my brothers were highly trained warriors who once trained with the king himself, King Layton.

At the training grounds, I stretched with my brothers.

They eyed the clump of wolves on the field, creating a plan.

Jacob stepped forward, taking the lead.

"You all must be aware of the upcoming threat. Delta-Moon is gathering an army and preparing for a fight. They want to eliminate you. That cannot happen." My brother paused dramatically, holding everyone's attention. "We are here to help you train."

A burly man stepped out from the crowd; his arms crossed defensively with a cocked eyebrow. "And who are you to think you should train us? We have a head warrior."

Jacob let the dig slide. He wouldn't let somebody crawl under his skin so easily. "I have been alive longer than any of you and have trained with the most elitist fighters. I could whip your ass in less than three seconds."

Instead of giving up, the man took the challenge. "Go on then."

I sighed in disappointment. We were wasting valuable time. We shouldn't be having an Alpha-male fight right now.