Chapter 32

Young Saeng felt really light. All the weight of sickness got out of him. Suddenly, yesterday, not soon after Aeri left, he started to feel dizzy. His whole body was sore, so he lay down on the bed. He didn't remember anything that happened later. He probably passed out.

He heard as water stopped boiling in the kitchen. His first thought was that she must've already woke up and is preparing the breakfast, but then reality hit him. He rushed out of the bed, as he realized, that in that state of her she wouldn't be in ability to do that. Then who was in the apartment? Min Jisoo? Yejun?

He run into the kitchen and noticed a woman he never seen. She was making herself a coffee. 'Who are you?'

Shaman waved her hand. 'Oh, hello. Are you feeling better? I decided to serve myself and made some coffee. You want some?'

It was too much of mysterious things happening in his life. Young Saeng needed help. 'I'm calling the police.'

The woman was not threatened, she calmly sipped her drink. 'Oh, still hot... Your dead friend let me in. I'm the shaman, that helped her out. I hope she mentioned me.'

'Aeri? Let you in?'

'Well, you see, door is closed, I didn't either climb through the window, look at me.' She pointed firstly at the door and later at her body.

'Then where is she now?' Young Saeng looked around, but no one could be seen. Also, if Aeri was there, she definitely would let him know about it, in example giving him a heart attack.

'Yeah, that's the problem we're facing now. She's gone.'

'Gone? Like up?!' He showed at the ceiling and had to sit on the chair, as he heard that words.

'Oh, not like that, even if I wish she would. It's rather a problem, that she's not back. We discovered something.' She started to explain what happened in the day before, not excluding the vengeful part as well the curse. Then she continued why Aeri is not with them. 'She was supposed to be back early in the morning. But she's not, so I would assume the worst.'

Young Saeng tried to process everything that she has said. He was utterly shocked and dumbfounded. His life hitherto was like a big puzzle with many of the pieces missing. Now, the pieces that came were like they were from another set, totally not fitting in size or colour. What curse? He's cursed? That's why he doesn't remember anything? But what he has done to deserve that? It didn't feel right, it was huge deal. But ever larger and heavier felt the news about Aeri. She's going to be lost forever, again because of him. The guilty feeling was engulfing his heart.

'You think she changed completely?' He asked quietly.

Shaman was again calm and indifferent in this hard situation. She was stirring her coffee, when she delivered worst news. 'I would bet even worse. She met that person which gave you the curse.'

'And how that's worse?'

'Look at you. Everything around you in affected by it. It's extremely powerful. No human being is in ability to came up with anathema like this. And if it's not a human being, then lets better pray Aeri is going to be careful around it.'

'We have to help her!'

'Of course we will. We have to go to my home. But first dress up. It's nice view for my old eyes, but I don't like when people look into my direction.'

Young Saeng noticed only now. He was still in the clothes he had yesterday, now all tangled and disordered. The buttons on his shirt were open to the middle of his torso, expanding it and showing his chest. He rushed back to room and put some normal clothes on. Before leaving he asked shaman. 'What if she'll be back and we won't be here?'