Chapter 14

Young Saeng wandered around the gallery, stopping in front of every piece of art. Mostly it was modern art, which he generally didn't understand. Why would a banana in glasses be interesting? Or a pack of ramyeon?

Most of the descriptions underneath the paintings were almost the same for all the art in the rooms. 'Well, at least it'll be easier to remember it', he thought and moved on. He found a couch in the middle of one room and sat there to read more. But the read was boring so he slowly let his head hang down with his eyes closed.

Suddenly he was woken up by a loud thud, sounding like someone has dropped a sword on the floor. Its noise was so realistic, that Young Saeng could even see in his thoughts said weapon hitting the floor. He quickly woke up and started to shout if anybody is in there, but it was dead quiet again. He went to main entrance, but there was no one. He even decided to go to stuff's room to look at the CCTV monitors and he found the old man is sleeping on the sofa, but no evidence of presence of someone in the gallery.

He looked fatuously at the monitors, looking for some evidence, but the CCTV showed no move in any of the display. Then one thing caught Young Saeng's eye. On one monitor he saw an old painting, more in style of old Korean painting, showing some person. Why he didn't notice such an art before?

He took and looked at the map of the gallery and found out that there was one room, that he missed. Display of ancient Korean painting from variety of eras, as well from around the country. He read about it in the book with description as he quickly headed to this place. He was mesmerised by it and really intrigued.

As he entered this display he could feel the different vibe of the room. It was dark in there, only the paintings were highlighter with lamps, placed above them. The art room was showing various things – life of ancient people, some random figures and some landscapes. But Young Saeng fixated his sight on the painting that he saw on the computer screen. It pictured a noble man, but with sword beside him. His face was not kind, as forever caught in disappointment.

Young Saeng stared at the painting and he could feel as his heart started to beat faster and faster, to that extent that he had to grab his chest. The picture's aura was dangerous, almost as only evil and gloom was oozing. He wanted to check the information about this in the book, but he couldn't look away, even when it was making him nauseous.

Suddenly a voice resonated behind him, making him jump. 'Found ya!' The old man grabbed Young Saeng by his shoulder. 'What a scaredy-cat you are! Hahaha! But I've been calling you and you didn't respond. Come with me!' He took his hand and leaded him to the stuff's room again.

'What- Why- What happened...' He stuttered, still in shock.

Janitor was quiet while walking but as he entered the room he started to explain. 'You came to me while I was sleeping!'

'I just wanted to check the CCTV...'

Old man looked at him, not understanding what he meant. 'What? No! Like in a dream! I know, where I saw you! Look!'

He handed Young Saeng a picture, where there was a group of people posing to the picture in two rows. Janitor pointed at someone in the back. 'Here! It's you!'

He looked closely, but it was an old picture, not really clear. He tired to hide chagrin in his voice. 'Oh, I see...'

'Oh, you don't believe me!' Old man handed him second picture, where there were 3 people in there: someone young that,judging from the face, resembled janitor,  some handsome man, with fierce look, but pleasant and nice face, and someone, who definitely looked like Young Saeng.